Discover how we make dream destination weddings in fabulous Mexico a reality.
Do you want to to get married here from?
Type of Ceremonies
Weddings by Riu celebrates three different types of ceremonies: Civil, Symbolic & Renewal of Vows.
- Civil Ceremonies: Are performed by a Judge and are legally recognized. Paperwork as well as blood tests are required (HIV, syphilis, gonorrhea and all STD's are tested). The newlyweds will receive a legal marriage certificate in Spanish Language.
Civil weddings are legally recognized in the country where the wedding will be performed. As each country has specific requirements, we would recommend you to contact your respective Embassy or Consulate in order to get the complete information regarding the procedure that you have to follow in order to legalize your Marriage Certificate in your country. *Riu Hotels and Resorts is not responsible of this legal procedure.
- Symbolic & Renewal of Vows Ceremonies
: Are Blessing Ceremonies performed by a Non-denominational Minister and are not legally recognized. No paper work, blood tests and witnesses are required. After the ceremony, wedding couple will receive a “symbolic” marriage certificate.
- Wichtig: For symbolic and renewal of vows ceremonies, please consider that if you cancel the minister service within 60 business days before your wedding date there will be a charge as cancellation fee of $ 250.00 USD which must be paid at front desk upon arrival.
Riu Hotels & Resorts prides itself on the reliability of our properties which always welcomes cultural diversity, please note that our Riu properties in Mexico performs symbolic same-sex weddings.
In order to apply for a renewal of vows ceremony is a must to send a photocopy from the legal marriage certificate of your home country.
- Locations: All of our resorts offer different locations to hold the wedding ceremony. You may choose from
- • Gazebo: Maximale Kapazität 90 Personen
- • Beach: Maximale Kapazität 100 Personen