Forget about everything, enjoy the excitement of your wedding in Playa del Carmen
Do you want to to get married here from?
Type of ceremony
Weddings by Riu celebrates three different types of ceremonies: Civil, Religious and Renewal of Vows.
- Civil Ceremonies: Are performed by a Judge in English and are legally recognized. Paperwork as well as blood tests are required (HIV, syphilis, gonorrhea and all STD's are tested).The new couple will receive a legal marriage certificate in Spanish.
- Wichtig: Civil weddings are legally recognized in the country where the wedding will be performed. As each country has specific requirements, we would recommend you to contact your respective Embassy or Consulate in order to get the complete information regarding the procedure that you have to follow in order to legalize your Marriage Certificate in your country. Riu Hotels and Resorts is not responsible of this legal procedure.
- Religious Ceremonies and Renewal of vows: Are Blessing Ceremonies performed by a Non-denominational Minister in Spanish and are not legally recognized. No paper work, blood tests and witnesses are required. After the ceremony, Bride and Groom will receive a “symbolic” marriage certificate.
- Locations: All of our resorts offer different locations to hold the wedding ceremony. At Riu Palace Riviera Maya you may choose from:
- • Beach: Maximale Kapazität 100 Personen According to Local Tax regulations a tax fee of $240.00 USD applies for every event that takes place on the beach in 2014 *Price varies depending local regulations every year.
- • Garden Gazebo: Maximale Kapazität 100 Personen