Beaches in Algarve
If your next stop is the Algarve, then get ready to have the best vacation of your life in this destination. Algarve is undoubtedly synonymous with warm, calm waters and an ideal climate throughout the year, which will provide you wellness, relaxation and fun. Discover golden beaches for every taste, small, large, calm, brave, perfect for surfing or even of difficult access for adventure seekers. Besides the tours and visits, enjoy the best service at the ClubHotel Riu Guaraná.
- For the liveliest we recommend some beaches between Albufeira and Lagos. The area is frequently visited by many tourists, and you will find entertainment, fun, nightclubs, bars, restaurants and large beaches where perform many activities.
- If you are looking to get away from the crowds, and spend a relaxing holiday, try visiting the beaches in Tavira and Silves. They are a little smaller, but offer absolute tranquility. Walking around the area you can visit the old town and the wonderful whitewashed villas that highlight in the landscape of the region.
- The adventurers, romantics and nature lovers will find in the area of Sagres and Odexeice, wild and unspoiled beaches, where you can enjoy fantastic views, and the spectacular sunset along the southern coast of Portugal.
- Praia de Arrifana: this cove is located only 10 km from Aljezur, and offers a breathtaking scenery. Bordered by cliffs that protect it, this beach has become the favorite of many visitors.
- Praia de Castelo: if you seek natural landscapes, this beach is ideal. This is considered one of the most beautiful in Portugal.
- Praia de Castelejo: is rarely visited, because it has a single access through a path in Vila do Obispo. This place has spectacular scenery to be enjoyed from the viewpoint of Torre de Aspa.
- Praia de Beliche: is a beach that is very close to Cape St. Vincent, and is perfect for nature lovers, as there you will find unique caves and rock formations, shaped by wind and the Atlantic Ocean.
- Praia Martinhal: it is no exaggeration to say that this beach, located in Sagres, is one of the favorites for lovers of water sports, as its long coastline offers the best conditions and climate for sports like surfing and windsurfing for most of the year.
- Praia de Falesia: here you will find endless miles of golden sand and red rocks. There are also at your disposal many restaurants, bars and cafes from which to enjoy the beautiful views.
- Praia de Dona Ana: the beach lies south of Lagos. If you want to discover a little more the coast of Portugal, then we recommend a boat trip to visit the sea caves and spectacular geological formations of the coast.
- Meia Praia: with nearly 5 km of golden sand, this beach is the largest in the Algarve. It is located east of Lagos, and has an easy access.
- Praia da Rocha: is the most popular beach in the south of Portimão. It is ideal as it has calm and clear waters, and the rocky landscape makes the picture is very beautiful.
- Ilha de Tavira: the small island of Tavira is situated near the coast. It is frequented by windsurfers and tourists looking for quiet beaches, different from the others. You can visit it by boat from Quatro Águas.
Its spectacular ocher cliffs and its panoramic views over the Atlantic Ocean make the Algarve an incomparable destination. Thousands of tourists visit the South of Portugal every year looking for a unique holiday, which are also at your fingertips with RIU Hotels & Resorts.