What could be more memorable than a wedding in one of the most beautiful settings in the Caribbean.
Do you want to to get married here from?
General wedding policiesThe couple and 80% of their guests must stay at the same Riu Hotel where the wedding will be performed. Only 20% of the total group can stay at another hotel chain.
Wedding guests who are not staying at the resort must purchase a day pass.
Couples must respect the arrival date, they have to arrive at least two (2) full business days for symbolic/religious ceremony and three (3) full business days for a civil ceremony, prior the wedding date (not counting weekends, National Holidays and the arrival day).
Weddings are not performed on Sundays & Aruba national holidays.
Outside Vendors are allowed to enter the property with a vendor's fee of $200.00 USD. *Prices subject to change without prior notice.
Confirmed weddings cancelled within a month of the ceremony date or upon arrival to the hotel will be charged a cancellation fee of $250.00 USD.
Maximum capacity of the Riu Palace Aruba: 100 people
DocumentationFOR CIVIL CEREMONIES:
- Couples must submit an "Aruba Letter of Intent" (one signed by the bride and one by the groom).
- Couple must obtain a "Letter of Non-impediment" (a document from the Government Agency from their Country that records marriages and shows the couple's present Marital status) as proof that by their records they are both presently unmarried and are therefore free to be married to each other.
- Each person must submit a certified copy of his and her birth certificate in "long form" i.e. showing the names of their birth parents. These will be returned to you after your civil ceremony here on the island.
- An "Apostille" must be attached to the birth certificates as well as to the "Letter of Non-impediment".
- An "Apostille" is an official document issued by the local Secretary of States office (Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the UK) .
- If either party has been divorced they must submit a copy of the first and last page of their final divorce decree.
- If either party has been widowed, they must submit a copy of the death certificate.
- Valid passports copies of the couple (photo-pages).
- Valid passports copies of the witnesses.
- The couple must send scanned copies of all these documents in order to be received at least one month before the marriage date.
- In Aruba is established by Law that Civil Ceremonies must be performed at the City Hall in the mornings from Monday trough Friday only (10:00 AM or 11:00 AM)
The originals must be send three weeks before the ceremony date by FEDEX.FOR RENEWAL OF VOWS/RELIGIOUS SYMBOLIC CEREMONY: Couple only have to bring a photocopy of their marriage license upon arrival, once they arrive at the hotel, they will have to sign a waiver where they agree that the wedding ceremony celebrate in Aruba is not legally recognized.