Nothing could be more romantic than a wedding on Paradise Island
Do you want to to get married here from?
General wedding policiesThe couple and and at least 80% of their guests must stay at the same resort where the wedding will be performed.
The rest of the guests not staying at Riu Palace Paradise Island must purchase a day pass to attend the ceremony & reception.
Couples must respect the arrival date, they have to arrive at least two (2) full business days for symbolic/religious ceremony and three (3) full business days for a civil ceremony, prior the wedding date (not counting weekends, National Holidays and the arrival day).
Weddings are not performed on Sundays neither on the Bahamas national holidays.
Confirmed weddings cancelled within a month of the ceremony date or upon arrival to the hotel will be charged a cancellation fee of $250.00 USD.
Maximum capacity of the Riu Palace Paradise Island: 150 people.
Documentation (For Civil/Religious Ceremonies)
- Passport or Driver’s license (Original).
- Divorce decree if needed (Original or certified copy and it is kept on file in the Bahamas). For European residents, the original decree or a certified copy (with a raised seal) must be produced in the native language along with a translated certified or notarized copy in English.
- Death Certificate if needed (Original or certified copy)
- Immigration forms issued during the flight (Original).
- Written parental consents (Notarized document under 18 years).
NOTE: The papers must be translated to English.
It is important to advise that you should have at least One (1) document with your full and correct names. To have this done it is suggested that you seek legal assistance in pertaining an affidavit indicating your true and correct names.
All documents must be in order before your ceremony date without exceptions
Marriage certificateBoth documents will be issued in English.
- For Renewal of vows: The couple will receive a Marriage certificate without legal bearing on the wedding day.
- For Civil & Religious weddings: The marriage certificate will be given/send to the couple from three to four weeks after the wedding day.
- Important: Please verify the procedure to follow in order to legalize your marriage in your home country, sometimes, an apostille is required. If you need your marriage certificate apostille, please note that you will need to cover the amount for this service. Riu Hotels is not responsible for this service.