General wedding policies
In order to have a wedding/renewal at Riu, the wedding couple and at least 80% of guests must stay in the same Riu Hotel where the wedding will be performed purchasing a established wedding package. (Wedding package are not able to be customized & reception dinner will take place at the same Riu hotel where the wedding will be performed
Guests staying at other hotel chain must purchase a day pass and cover additional costs per dinner/reception per person in order to attend the wedding at Riu Naiboa.
Couples must respect the arrival date, they have to arrive at least two (2) full business days for symbolic/renewal of vows ceremony and three (3) full business days for a civil/catholic ceremony, prior the wedding date (not counting weekends, National Holidays and the arrival day).
Weddings are not performed on Sundays & National holidays.
Confirmed weddings cancelled within a month of the ceremony date or upon arrival to the hotel will be charged a cancellation fee of $250.00 USD*.
Maximum capacity of the Riu Naiboa: 60 people.
External vendors are allowed if they are staying at the Hotel where the wedding will be performed or if they pay a Vendor´s Fee of $200.00 USD* per person (except photographers that must cover a $500 USD* fee per person).
*Prices are subject to change without prior notice.
**Name Changes: Names in a wedding confirmation submited through a third-party person and/or travel agents are not eligible for any changes. Please contact your assigned Wedding Reservations Executive or email@example.com for assistance.
- Couple must be in destination at least 3 full business days proir to ceremony. (Arrival day and Sunday does not count as a full business day)
- Birth Certificate with the parent´s name (Long Form & Translated into Spanish.) Must have an Apostille from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of your country.
- Regular copies of Passports
- Regular copies of 2 witnesses Passports (Relatives can not be witnesses, sister, brothers parents, etc.)
- Single declaration (Translated into Spanish). Must have an Apostille from the Ministry of Foreign affairs of your country.
- Divorce Certificates, Translated into Spanish and Legalized by an official Judge at the Dominican Republic Consulate at your country. (If applicable)
- Death Certificate, Translated into Spanish and Legalized by an official Judge at the Dominican Republic Consulate at your country. (If applicable)
Written parental consents Notarized (Notarized Document under 18 years)
WEDO is an agency that works the Dominican Consulate and they legalize the documents of our customers. They have one office in Houston and Santo Domingo. You will be able to contact them at www.wedo.com.do
*Riu Hotels & Resorts is not responsible of the information shown and offered by the above website.
- The above documentation must be send by e-mail to the on site wedding coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org at least one month before your arrival date.
- Please bring all your original documents in any language and their translations in Spanish to the on site wedding coordinator at your personal interview.
Witnesses: For Civil Ceremonies you will need 1 witness for the Bride and 1 witness for the Groom. Relatives can not be witnesses, sister, brothers, parents, etc.
In the Dominican Republic, men can remarried a day after they receive the Divorce Certificate. Women need to wait 10 months after they received the Divorce Certificate.
We require specific documentation. For more information, please contact our wedding reservation executive at email@example.com so she can send you the paperwork you will need to provide in order to have a Catholic wedding at RIU Hotels in Punta Cana.
If the bride or the groom own the Nationality of the country where the wedding will be performed, they need to notify this information in advance to the wedding reservation executive due that these type of marriages need to follow different legal requirements.
IMPORTANT: Please take in consideration that all Ceremonies (Civil, Catholic, ROV & Symbolic) are performed in Spanish language by the Judge, Priest or Minister; while he/she performs his/her speech the onsite wedding coordinator will translated it to English language.
- Spanish translation.: The required documents must be translated into Spanish by a certified translation office in your country. This process should be done prior your arrival at the hotel.
- Apostille: It is a seal that authenticates the signature of an official public server who signed the document. An Apostille certificate confirms that the person signing the document has the authority to do so, and that the document will then be recognized as legal without having to request more evidence from another member state of the Hague Convention. The apostille must be filed in the state where the document was originally issued.
Foreign offices of every state and country can provide the Apostille. In fact, all documents should be apostille before arrival at the Hotel.
The newlyweds will receive the Marriage Certificate within 4 to 5 months at their home as this is the time needed by the Government of Dominican Republic.
Your Marriage certificate will be issued in Spanish as you are getting married in the Dominican Republic. When you receive these document you should translate it to English and go to your City Hall to legalize your marriage status.
*Riu Hotels & Resorts is not responsible of this legal procedure or time established by the local government.
Please verify the procedure that you'll have to follow, in order to legalize your marriage in your home country prior your trip, as sometimes an apostille is required. If you need to Apostille your Marriage Certificate, please be advised that you'll have to cover the amount of this service before you leave the country.
*Riu Hotels & Resorts is not responsible of this legal procedure.
The Certificate will take about six (6) months to be delivered at your home address.
*Riu Hotels & Resorts is not responsible of this legal procedure or time established by the local Church.
- Important: A catholic wedding must be request at least but no later than six (6) months prior your wedding date.
- Symbolic & Renewal of Vows: The couple will receive a marriage certificate without legal bearing on the wedding day.
Original Documentation for Civil Ceremony
In Dominican Republic the Civil Registration Judge (City Hall) retain all the original documents such as birth Certificate, decree absolutes, previous marriage certificate, death certificate, divorce decree etc. as this is established by local laws in order for the Dominican Republic government have a record of the legal marriage taking place at this country.
We highly recommend you to obtain duplicate copies with your local city hall prior to travel due these documents will not be returned to your country of origin.