Celebrate your special day in a 5 stars tropical resort...
Do you want to to get married here from?
General Wedding Policies
The couple and 80% of their guests must stay at the same resort where the wedding will be performed. Only 20% of the total group can stay at a sister property or other hotel chain.
If clients are staying at other hotel chain and they wish to attend the wedding, there will have to pay the cost of the regular day pass. Customers staying at another Riu Hotel and wish to visit one of the Palaces would pay 50 USD per person. *Prices subject to change without prior notice.
Couple must respect the arrival date according with their ceremony. In the case of Symbolic ceremonies and Renewal of vows, they have to arrive at least 2 full business days prior the
ceremony date (Not counting the Arrival Day, Sundays and Holidays), and 3 full business days prior for Civil & Catholic weddings (Not counting Arrival Day, Sundays and Holidays).
Weddings are not performed on Sundays & National holidays.
Confirmed weddings cancelled within a month of the ceremony date or upon arrival to the hotel will be charged a cancellation fee of 250.00 USD.
Maximum capacity of the Riu Palace Punta Cana: 60 people.
External vendors are allowed if they are staying at the Hotel where the wedding will be performed or if they pay a Vendor´s Fee of $300.00 USD per person (except photographers that must cover a $500 USD fee).
- Couple must be in destination at least 3 full business days proir to ceremony. (Arrival day and Sunday does not count as a full business day)
- Birth Certificate with the parent´s name (Long Form & Translated into Spanish.) Must have an Apostille from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of your country.
- Regular copies of Passports
- Regular copies of 2 witnesses Passports (Relatives can not be witnesses, sister, brothers parents, etc.)
- Single declaration (Translated into Spanish). Must have an Apostille from the Ministry of Foreign affairs of your country.
- Divorce Certificates, Translated into Spanish and Legalized by an official Judge at the Dominican Republic Consulate at your country. (If applicable)
- Death Certificate, Translated into Spanish and Legalized by an official Judge at the Dominican Republic Consulate at your country. (If applicable)
Written parental consents Notarized (Notarized Document under 18 years)
WEDO is an agency that works the Dominican Consulate and they legalize the documents of our customers. They have one office in Houston and Santo Domingo. You will be able to contact them at www.wedo.com.do
- The above documentation must to be sent by e-mail to the Wedding Planner (firstname.lastname@example.org) at least one month before your arrival date.
- Please bring all your original documents in any language and their translations in spanish to the Wedding Planner at your personal interview.
For Civil Ceremonies you will need 1 witness for the Bride and 1 witness for the Groom. Relatives can not be witnesses, sister, brothers, parents, etc.
In the Dominican Republic, men can remarried a day after they receive the Divorce Certificate. Women need to wait 10 months after they received the Divorce Certificate.
We required documentation. For more information, please contact your Sales Executive at email@example.com so she can send you the paperwork you will need to have a Catholic wedding at RIU Hotels in Punta Cana.
If the bride or the groom own the Nationality of the country where the wedding will be performed, they need to notify this information in advance to the Sales Executive due that these type of marriages need to follow different legal requirements.
IMPORTANT: Please take in consideration that all Ceremonies (Civil & Symbolic) are perform in Spanish language by the Judge / Minister; while he performs his/her speech the onsite wedding coordinator will translated it to English.
- Translation into Spanish: The required documents must be translated into Spanish by a certified translation office/bureau in your country. This process must be done before your arrival to the hotel.
- Apostille: Is a certified seal that authenticates the signature of the public official who has signed the document. An apostille certificate confirms the person who signed a document has the authority to do so and that the document should therefore be recognized as legal without further evidence in another member state of the Hague Convention. The Apostille must be required in the State where the document was made. The Foreign Offices of each state and country can provide the apostille. In fact, you should apostille the documents before arrive to the hotel.
- For Civil & Religious weddings: The Marriage Certificate will be sent to the couple three to four months after the wedding.Once you receive it, we suggest you take it to your Government’s City Hall to update your civil status.
- Important: As each country has specific requirements, we would recommend you to contact your respective Embassy or Consulate in order to get the complete information regarding the procedure that you have to follow in order to legalize your Marriage Certificate in your country. * Riu Hotels and Resorts is not responsible of this legal procedure.
For the Catholic weddings: The Certificate will take about 6 months to be delivered.
- For Symbolic weddings & Renewal of Vows: The couple will receive a marriage certificate without legal bearing on the wedding date.