A wedding surrounded by a shimmering beach and lush gardens...
Do you want to to get married here from?
General wedding policiesThe couple and 80% of their guests must stay at the same resort where the wedding will be performed.
Documentation (For Civil & Religious Ceremonies)
The following documents must be sent to Jamaica, in English, at least 30 days prior to the ceremony:
-Notarized copies of Birth Certificate.
-Notarized copies of Valid passports or driver's license.
-Notarized copies of divorce papers (if apply)
-Notarized copies of death certificate (if apply)
-Notarized documents stating name changes (if apply)
-Notarized, written parental consents (if couple is under 21 years old)
- Apostille: Is a certified seal that authenticates the signature of the public official who has signed the document. An apostille certificate confirms the person who signed a document has the authority to do so and that the document should therefore be recognized as legal without further evidence in another member state of the Hague Convention. The Apostille must be required in the State where the document was made. The Foreign Offices of each state and country can provide the apostille. In fact, you should apostille the documents before arrive to the hotel.
Documentation (For Renewal of vows in Jamaica)
These ceremonies are a blessing, however, in Jamaica, you need to send us a photocopy of the Marriage Certificate at least 15 days prior the ceremony.
Please send the documents as follows:
Attention: Couple names & Wedding date
Hotel Riu Montego Bay
Mahoe Bay, Rose Hall
Half Moon Post Office Box 4049
Montego Bay, St. James
- Renewal of vows: Couple must be already married and bring a regular photocopy of their marriage certificate.
- For Civil & Religious weddings: The Marriage Certificate will be sent to the couple three to four months after the wedding.Once you receive it, we suggest you take it to your Government’s City Hall to update your civil status.
- Important: As each country has specific requirements, we would recommend you to contact your respective Embassy or Consulate in order to get the complete information regarding the procedure that you have to follow in order to legalize your Marriage Certificate in your country. * Riu Hotels and Resorts is not responsible of this legal procedure.
- For Symbolic weddings & Renewal of Vows: The couple will receive a marriage certificate without legal bearing on the wedding date.