In Montego Bay happiness is contagious.
Do you want to to get married here from?
General policies for weddings
The cost of day passes ranging between $ 75.00 and $ 110.00 USD.* Prices subject to change without prior notice.
DocumentationOnly civil / legal ceremonies
- Notarized copies of birth certificate. * Which should include the full names of the couple and their parents.
- Passports Copies of the couple or their driver's licenses.
- Parental consent in writing (if the couple is under 21)
- Notarial document stating the name change (if bride was married and changed her name).
- A notarized copy of the divorce certificate (if applicable).
- A notarized copy of the death certificate (if applicable).
* All documents must be sent by courier (fedex, ups etc.) to the hotel 45 days before the wedding date (Failure to meet this requirement the legal marriage can not take place).
Only for Vow Renewals / Symbolic Ceremonies
The couple must sent by courier (fedex, ups, etc.) their marriage certificate to the hotel 45 days before the date of the ceremony.
Please send documentation as follows:
Attention: MICE DEPARTMENT.
Riu Montego Bay Hotel
Mahoe Bay, Rose Hall
Half Moon Post Office Box 4049
Montego Bay, St. James
- For Civil and Religious weddings: The marriage certificate will be printed in English and send to the couple from 2-4 months after the wedding.
- Important: Please verify the procedure to follow in order to legalize your marriage in your home country, because sometimes an apostille it's required.
If you need your marriage certificate with apostille, please note that you will need to cover the amount for this service prior to your departure.
* Riu Hotels and Resorts is not responsible for this legal procedure.
- For Renewal of Vows: The couple will receive a marriage certificate without legal value on the day of the wedding.
- Renewal of Vows: The couple must show during the interview with the wedding coordinator, only a photocopy of their marriage certificate.
- Apostille: It is a seal that authenticates the signature of the official who is signing the document.
An Apostille certificate confirms that the person signing the document has the authority to do so, and that the document will then be recognized as legal without having to order more tests from another state or a member of the Hague Convention.
The apostille must be requested and attached in the state where the document was issued.Foreign affairs offices of each state and country can provide an apostille.
All documents must be apostilled before arrival at Hotel.