Nothing is more romantic than a wedding in Jamaica.
Do you want to to get married here from?
General wedding policiesThe couple and 80% of their guests must stay at the same resort where the wedding will be performed. Only 20% of the total group can stay at another hotel chain.
FOR CIVIL & RELIGIOUS CEREMONIES
The following documents must be sent to Jamaica, in English, at least 45 days prior to the ceremony:
-Notarized copies of Birth Certificate
-Notarized copies of Valid passports or driver's license
-Notarized copies of divorce papers (if apply)
-Notarized copies of death certificate (if apply)
-Notarized documents stating name changes (if apply)
-Notarized, written parental consents (if the couple is under 21 years old)
FOR RENEWAL OF VOWS IN JAMAICA
These ceremonies are a blessing, however, in Jamaica, you need to send us a photocopy of the Marriage Certificate at least 45 days prior the ceremony.
Please send the documents as follows:
Attention to: MICE DEPARTMENT
Clubhotel Riu Negril
Norman Manley Boulevard
Bloody Bay Beach Negril
- Civil & Symbolic ceremonies: Are performed by a Minister. Both are legally recognized. If the ceremony is Civil the Minister will not mention God. At the Symbolic ceremony, God will be mentioned. The new couple will receive a legal marriage certificate in English Language.
- Important: Civil weddings are legally recognized in the country where the wedding is performed. As each country has specific requirements, We highly recommend you to contact your respective Embassy or Consulate in order to get the complete information regarding the procedure that you'll have to follow in order to legalize your Marriage Certificate in your country. *Riu Hotels and Resorts is not responsible of this legal procedure.
- For Civil & Religious weddings:
The marriage certificate will be issued in English and sent to the couple between two and four months after the wedding date.
We suggest that once you have received the Original Marriage Certificate you should take it to your City Hall or Registry´s Office to let your government know your legal status.
- Important: Please verify the procedure to follow in order to legalize your marriage in your home country, due sometimes an apostille it's required. If you need your marriage certificate with apostille, please note that you will need to cover the amount for this service prior to your departure.* Riu Hotels and Resorts is not responsible for this legal procedure.
- For Renewal of vows: The couple will receive a marriage certificate without legal bearing on the wedding day.
- Important: All weddings at Riu properties in Jamaica are subject to mandatory payment of Judge/Minister and documentation fees which is established by the local government, this payment will be made at the reception of the Riu Hotel where the wedding will be performed, this applies even if you're traveling with a Minister of your own, as this is established by law in Jamaica. All Riu wedding packages prices are pre-established therefore can not be modified or waived.