Perfect setting for Jamaica weddings and honeymoons.
Do you want to to get married here from?
Type of ceremony
Weddings by Riu celebrates three different types of ceremonies: Civil, Religious & Renewal of vows.
- Civil and Religious ceremonies: Are performed by a Minister. Both are legally recognized. If the ceremony is Civil the Minister will not mention God. If the ceremony is Religious, God will be mentioned. The new couple will receive a marriage certificate.
Civil & Religious weddings are legally recognized in the country where the wedding will be performed. As each country has specific requirements, we would recommend you to contact your respective Embassy or Consulate in order to get the complete information regarding the procedure that you have to follow in order to legalize your Marriage Certificate in your country.
* Riu Hotels and Resorts is not responsible of this legal procedure.
- Renewal of vows:
Are also performed by a Minister but they do not have legal bearing. Couple must be already married. After the ceremony the Bride and Groom will receive a symbolic marriage certificate.
*Please notice that in Jamaica we do not perform Catholic ceremonies.
- Locations: All of our resorts offer different locations to hold the wedding ceremony. At Riu Ocho Rios you may choose from:
- • Gazebo by the Lagoon: Maximum capacity 150 persons
- • Beach Gazebo: Maximum capacity 150 persons