Políticas de boda Generales
The couple and 80% of their guests must stay at the same resort where the wedding will be performed.
Only 20% of the total group can stay at another hotel chain.
For weddings at Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas; guests staying at a Riu Santa Fe will have to purchase a day pass with a cost of $60.00 USD per person.
Guests staying in other hotels will have to pay a day pass of $90.00 USD per person. *Prices are subject to change without prior notice.
Couples must respect the arrival date, they have to arrive at least two (2) full business days for symbolic/religious ceremony and three (3) full business days for a civil ceremony, prior the wedding date (not counting weekends, National Holidays and the arrival day).
Weddings are not performed on Sundays & National holidays.
Confirmed weddings cancelled within a month of the ceremony date or upon arrival to the hotel will be charged a cancellation fee of $250.00 USD.
Maximum capacity of the Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas: 100 people.
Outside Vendors are allowed to work in Riu Resorts paying a vendor's fee of $300.00 USD.
If the vendor is not Mexican he/she must have a proper work Visa.
Items offered on wedding packages are not exchangeable or discounted if any of them are not use by the couple.
Couples that require to change their type of ceremony need to notify at least one month prior the wedding date. (Constant changes on dates and times are always subject on Ministers or Judges Agenda availability)
Documentation (Only for Civil/Legal Ceremonies)
- Valid Couple's Passport.
- Couple's Birth Certificate.
- Divorce Decree (Need to have at least one year divorced)
- Tourist Card (Obtain at the airport in Mexico)
- Blood test (Can be done only at the hotel)
- Passport or ID of your witnesses (Requires 4 people and they must be at least 18 years old or more)
- Legal Information Form (will be provided by the wedding planner) (Note: for the ages of the witnesses please write the age that they should have by the day of your wedding)
- Apostilled and translated (Apostille does not need to be translated)
It is not necessary to send the original documents, please scan them and send them to the onsite wedding coordinator by e-mail at least 30 days prior the wedding date.
Please bring your documents with the apostille or notarized seal with you.
IMPORTANT: If the bride or the groom own the Nationality of the country where the wedding will be performed, they need to notify this information in advance to the Wedding Sales Executive due that these type of marriages need to follow different legal requirements.
- Translation into Spanish: The required documents must be translated into Spanish by a certified translation office/bureau in your country. This process must be done before your arrival to the hotel.
- Apostille: Is a certified seal that authenticates the signature of the public official who has signed the document. An apostille certificate confirms the person who signed a document has the authority to do so and that the document should therefore be recognized as legal without further evidence in another member state of the Hague Convention. The Apostille must be required in the State where the document was made. The Foreign Offices of each state and country can provide the apostille. In fact, you should apostille the documents before arrive to the hotel.
- Blood Tests: Are required for legal weddings in Mexico. HIV, syphilis, gonorrhea, herpes and all the STD´s are tested. Tests must be performed in Mexico by a certified doctor (for the medical certificate). The onsite wedding coordinator will arrange the doctor appointment in your hotel room. It is very important to mention that If one of the tests appears positive the ceremony cannot be performed.
- Arrival Date
- Important: For couples traveling from Canada, please take into consideration that flights to the Pacific area in Mexico normally arrive on Thursday only, therefore if you wish to perform your wedding on a Saturday, the day of arrival for a Civil/ Legal ceremony must be Tuesday, three full business days (3) or Wednesday, two (2) full business days to perform a symbolic wedding on Saturday, bear in mind that no exceptions are allowed.
- For Civil & Religious weddings: The marriage certificate will be given to the couple at the end of the Ceremony in Spanish. If you require a copy of your marriage certificate please inform your onsite wedding coordinator during your interview.
As each country has specific requirements, we would recommend you to contact your respective Embassy or Consulate in order to get the complete information regarding the procedure that you have to follow in order to legalize your Marriage Certificate in your country. * Riu Hotels and Resorts is not responsible of this legal procedure.
- For Symbolic weddings & Renewal of Vows: The couple will receive a marriage certificate without legal bearing on the wedding date.