Hotel Riu Palace Oasis
Opening the 8th May 2013
The stunning Hotel Riu Palace Oasis, located in Gran Canaria, Spain, is definitely an oasis of comfort, to enjoy the most exclusive service.
This luxurious resort set in a garden of palm trees and artificial lakes 65.000m2 the best service available (All Inclusive 24h) and quality to meet the needs of its customers.
Discover how we make dream destination weddings in fabulous Mexico a reality.
Do you want to to get married here from?
Políticas de boda Generales
The couple and 80% of their guests must stay at the same resort where the wedding will be
performed. Only 20% of the total group can stay at another hotel chain.
For weddings at Riu Palace Los Cabos the guests staying at a Riu Santa Fe would have to purchase a day pass that cost $50 USD per person. Guests staying in other hotels would have to pay a daypass of $75 USD per person. *Prices are subject to change without prior notice.
Couple must respect the arrival date according with their ceremony. In the case of Religious weddings and Renewal of vows, they have to arrive at least 2 full business days prior the ceremony date (Not counting the Arrival Day, Sundays and Holidays), and 3 full business days prior for Civil weddings (Not counting Arrival Day, Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays). Weddings are not performed on Sundays & National holidays
Confirmed weddings cancelled within a month of the ceremony date or upon arrival to the hotel will be charged a cancellation fee of $250 USD.
Maximum capacity of the Riu Palace Los Cabos: 100 persons
Outside Vendors are allowed to work in Riu Resorts paying a vendors fee of 300 USD.
If the vendor is not mexican he/she must have a proper work Visa.
Items offered on wedding packages are not discountable or exchangeable.
Couples that require to change their type of ceremony need to notify at least one month prior the wedding date. (Constant changes on dates and times are always subject on Ministers or Judges Agenda availability)
Documentation (Only for Civil/Legal Ceremonies)
- Passport (for the couple)
- Birth Certificate
- Divorce Decree (need to be one year divorced)
- Tourist Card ( You get that at the airport in Mexico)
- Blood test (They will be done at the resort, once you are in the hotel)
- Passport or ID of your witnesses (Required 4 & they must be at least 18 years old- They can be relatives to the couple)
- Legal Information Form (will be provided by the wedding planner) (Note: for the ages of the witnesses please write the age that they should have by the day of your wedding)
- Apostilled and translated (Apostille does not need to be translated)
It is not necessary to send the original documents, please scan them and send them to the M.I.C.E. Manager by e-mail at least 30 days prior the wedding date.
Please bring your documents with the apostille or notarized seal with you.
IMPORTANT: If the bride or the groom own the Nationality of the country where the wedding will be performed, they need to notify this information in advance to the Sales Executive due that these type of marriages need to follow different legal requirements.
- Translation into Spanish: The required documents must be translated into Spanish by a certified translation office/bureau in your country. This process must be done before your arrival to the hotel.
- Apostille: Is a certified seal that authenticates the signature of the public official who has signed the document. An apostille certificate confirms the person who signed a document has the authority to do so and that the document should therefore be recognized as legal without further evidence in another member state of the Hague Convention. The Apostille must be required in the State where the document was made. The Foreign Offices of each state and country can provide the apostille. In fact, you should apostille the documents before arrive to the hotel.
- Blood Tests: Are required for legal weddings in Mexico. HIV, syphilis, gonorrhea, herpes and all the STD´s are tested. Tests must be performed in Mexico by a certified doctor (for the medical certificate). Your MICE Manager will arrange the doctor appointment in your hotel room. It is very important to mention that If one of the tests cames back positive the ceremony cannot be performed.
- For Civil & Religious weddings: The Marriage Certificate will be sent to the couple three to four months after the wedding.Once you receive it, we suggest you take it to your Government’s City Hall to update your civil status.
- Important: As each country has specific requirements, we would recommend you to contact your respective Embassy or Consulate in order to get the complete information regarding the procedure that you have to follow in order to legalize your Marriage Certificate in your country. * Riu Hotels and Resorts is not responsible of this legal procedure.
- For Symbolic weddings & Renewal of Vows: The couple will receive a marriage certificate without legal bearing on the wedding date.