Los Cabos offers you a very romantic setting for a fairy tale wedding
Do you want to to get married here from?
General wedding policies
The couple and 80% of their guests must stay at the same resort where the wedding will be performed. Only 20% of the total group can stay at another hotel chain.
For weddings at Riu Santa Fe the guests staying at a Riu Palace Los Cabos can go and attend the ceremony. Guests staying in other hotels would have to pay a daypass per person.
Couple must respect the arrival date according with their ceremony. In the case of Religious weddings and Renewal of vows, they have to arrive at least 2 full business days prior the ceremony date (Not counting the Arrival Day, Sundays and Holidays), and 3 full business days prior for Civil weddings (Not counting Arrival Day, Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays).
Weddings are not performed on Sundays & National holidays Confirmed weddings cancelled within a month of the ceremony date or upon arrival to the hotel will be charged a cancellation fee of $250 USD.
Maximum capacity of the Riu Santa Fe: 100 persons
Outside Vendors are allowed to work in Riu Resorts paying a vendors fee of 300 USD. If the vendor is not mexican he/she must have a proper work Visa.
Items offered on wedding packages are not discountable or exchangeable.
Couples that require to change their type of ceremony need to notify at least one month prior the wedding date. (Constant changes on dates and times are always subject on Ministers or Judges Agenda availability).
Documentation (Only for Civil/Legal Ceremonies)
- Passport (For the couple)
- Birth Certificate
- Divorce Decree (Need to be one year divorced)
- Tourist Card (You get that at the airport in Mexico)
- Blood test (They will be done at the resort, once you are in the hotel)
- Passport or ID of your witnesses (Required 4 & they must be at least 18 years old. They can be relatives to the couple).
- Legal information Form will be provided by the wedding planner. (Note: for the ages of the witnesses please write the age that they should have by the day of your wedding).
*Apostilled and translated (Apostille does not need to be translated)
IMPORTANT: If the bride or the groom own the nationality of the country where the wedding will be performed, they need to notify this information in advance to the Sales Executive due that these type of marriages need to follow different legal requirements.
It is not necessary to sent the original documents, please scan them and send them to MICE. Manager by e-mail at least 30 days prior the wedding date.
Please bring your documents with the apostille or notarized seal with you.
Is a certificate that authenticates the signature of the public official who has signed the document. An apostille certificate confirms the person who signed a document has the authority to do so and that the document should therefore be recognized as legal without further evidence in another member state of the Hague Convention.
The Apostille must be required in the State where the document was made. The Foreign Offices of each state and country can provide the apostille. In fact, you should apostille the documents before arrive to the hotel.
To get more information about it you can go to the Mexican Embassy or Mexican Consulate
- Blood Tests: Are required for legal weddings in Mexico. HIV, syphilis, gonorrhea, herpes and all the STD´s are tested. Tests must be performed in Mexico by a certified doctor (for the medical certificate). Your MICE Manager will arrange the doctor appointment in your hotel room. It is very important to mention that If one of the tests cames back positive the ceremony cannot be performed.
- For Civil weddings:
The marriage certificate will be given to the couple at the end of the Ceremony in Spanish. If you require a copy of your marriage certificate please inform your MICE Manager during your interview.
We suggest that once you have received the Original Marriage Certificate you should take it to your City Hall or Registry´s Office to notify the government your new legal status.
We kindly ask you to verify the procedure that you will have to follow in order to legalize your marriage in your country, as sometimes an apostille is required. If you need to Apostille your Marriage Certificate, please be advised that you will have to cover the amount of this service.
- For the Religious ceremonies or Renewal of Vows: The couple will receive a marriage certificate without legal bearing on the wedding day.