General wedding policies
The couple and 80% of their guests must stay at the same resort where the wedding will be performed. Only 20% of the total group can stay at another hotel chain.
For weddings at Riu Santa Fe the guests staying at a Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas can go and attend the ceremony without extra charge. Day pass cost is established by the hotel, please contact your assigned on site wedding coordinator for day pass price and information. Guests staying at other hotels will have to pay a day pass per person.
*Prices are subject to change year by year, please contact our on site team for information regarding day pass cost.
The Wedding couple must respect the arrival date therefore must arrive two (2) full business days for symbolic/renewal ceremony and three (3) full business days for a civil ceremony, prior the wedding date (not counting weekends, National Holidays and the arrival day). Weddings and events are not performed on Sundays & National holidays.
IMPORTANT: Take in consideration that our established policies are a must therefore no exceptions are allowed.
Confirmed weddings canceled within a month of the ceremony date or upon arrival to the hotel will be charged a cancellation fee of $250.00 USD.
Maximum capacity of the Riu Santa Fe: 100 people.
Outside Vendors are allowed to work in Riu Resorts paying a vendor's fee of $300.00 USD. If the vendor is not Mexican he/she must have a proper work Visa.
Items offered on wedding packages are not exchangeable or discounted if any of them are not use by the couple.
Wedding couple that requires to change their type of ceremony need to notify at least one month prior the wedding date. (Constant changes on dates and times are always subject on Ministers or Judges Agenda availability)
**Name Changes: Names in a wedding confirmation submited through a third-party person and/or travel agents are not eligible for any changes. Please contact your assigned Wedding Reservations Executive or email@example.com for assistance.
Documentation (Only for Civil/Legal Ceremonies)
- Valid Couple's Passport.
- Couple's Birth Certificate
- Divorce Decree (Need to be one at least one year divorced)
- Tourist Card (Obtain at the airport in Mexico)
- Blood test (Will be made at the hotel)
- Passport or ID of your witnesses (Requires 4 people, they must be at least 18 years old.)
- Legal information Form will be provided by the wedding planner. (Note: for the ages of the witnesses please write the age that they should have by the day of your wedding).
*Apostilled and translated (Apostille does not need to be translated)
IMPORTANT: If the bride or the groom own the nationality of the country where the wedding will be performed, they need to notify this information in advance to the Wedding Sales Executive due that these type of marriages need to follow different legal requirements.
It is not necessary to sent the original documents, please scan them and send them to MICE. Manager by e-mail at least 30 days prior the wedding date.
Please bring your documents with the apostille or notarized seal with you.
Is a certificate that authenticates the signature of the public official who has signed the document. An apostille certificate confirms the person who signed a document has the authority to do so and that the document should therefore be recognized as legal without further evidence in another member state of the Hague Convention.
The Apostille must be required in the State where the document was made. The Foreign Offices of each state and country can provide the apostille. In fact, you should apostille the documents before arrive to the hotel.
To get more information about it you can go to the Mexican Embassy or Mexican Consulate
- Medical Analysis: For a civil wedding in Mexico it's legally required to perform certain medical tests, in case that the tests are not satisfactory, unfortunately we can not perform the ceremony. We will arrange an appointment with the doctor at your room so you can perform this legal procedure in Mexico.
- Civil ceremony: Are performed by a Judge and are legally recognized. Paperwork as well as blood tests are required (HIV, syphilis, gonorrhea and all STD's are tested). The newlyweds will receive a legal marriage certificate in Spanish Language.
- Important: Civil weddings are legally recognized in the country where the wedding is performed. As each country has specific requirements, We highly recommend you to contact your respective Embassy or Consulate in order to get the complete information regarding the procedure that you'll have to follow in order to legalize your Marriage Certificate in your country. *Riu Hotels and Resorts is not responsible of this legal procedure.
- Symbolic & Renewal of Vows Ceremonies: Are Blessing Ceremonies performed by a Non-denominational Minister and are not legally recognized. No paper work, blood tests and witnesses are required. After the ceremony, wedding couple will receive a “symbolic” marriage certificate.
- Important: For symbolic and renewal of vows ceremonies, please consider that if you cancel the minister service within 60 business days before your wedding date there will be a charge as cancellation fee of $ 250.00 USD which must be paid at front desk upon arrival.
Riu Hotels & Resorts prides itself on the reliability of our properties which always welcomes cultural diversity, please note that our Riu properties in Mexico performs symbolic same-sex weddings.
In order to apply for a renewal of vows ceremony is a must to send a photocopy from the legal marriage certificate of your home country.
Couples are allowed to bring their own Minister if he/she is part of the wedding group. They must advise of this at least a 60 days before the ceremony date in order to avoid penalizations. $250.00 USD modification penalty charge. Once the wedding couple is in contact via email with the Minister provide by Riu Hotels & Resorts and in the event that decide to cancel his services a penalty of $250.00 USD will apply.