Make the most important day of your life an unforgettable event
Do you want to to get married here from?
General wedding policies
The couple and 80% of their guests must stay at the same resort where the wedding will be
Guests staying in other hotels must purchase a day pass to attend the ceremony and dinner reception.
For weddings at Riu Palace México, the guests staying at a sister hotel of lower
category would have to purchase a day pass that cost $45 USD per person. Guests
staying in other hotels would have to pay a daypass of $100 USD per person.
*Prices are subject to change without prior notice.
Couple must respect the arrival date according with their ceremony. In the case of Religious
weddings and Renewal of vows, they have to arrive at least 2 full business days prior the
ceremony date (Not counting the Arrival Day, Sundays and Holidays), and 3 full business
days prior for Civil weddings (Not counting Arrival Day, Sundays and Holidays).
Weddings are not performed on Sundays & National holidays
Confirmed weddings cancelled within a month of the ceremony date or upon arrival to the
hotel will be charged a cancellation fee of $250 USD.
Maximum capacity of the Riu Palace México: 100 persons
External vendors are allowed if they are staying at the Hotel where the wedding will be performed or if they pay a Vendor´s Fee of 200 usd per person.
Documentation (Only for Civil/Legal Ceremonies)
- Regular Copies of Passports (Bride, Groom and 4 witnesses)
- Regular Copies of Tourist Cards, provided at your arrival to Mexico (Bride, Groom and 4 witnesses)
- Blood Test (It can be done only at the resort)
- Couple under 18 years parents must be witnesses.
- Divorce Decree (Regular Copy)
- Death Certificate of previous partner (Not needed)
* * * Please notice that we require 4 witnesses that must have at least 18 years old. They would have to arrive three full business days prior the ceremony as well as the couple * * *
- All documents must present the same names or have a legal document that states that the name has been changed.
- Last names must match with the parent's last name.
- The couple have to bring all the documents upon arrival to the on site wedding coordinator. The couple do not have to send anything in advance.
- Blood Tests: Are required for legal weddings in Mexico. HIV, syphilis, gonorrhea, herpes and all the STD´s are tested. Tests must be performed in Mexico by a certified doctor (for the medical certificate).
Your MICE Manager will arrange the doctor appointment in your hotel room. It is very important to mention that If one of the tests cames back positive the ceremony cannot be performed.
IMPORTANT: If the bride or the groom own the Nationality of the country where the wedding will be performed, they need to notify this information in advance to the Sales Executive due that these type of marriages need to follow different legal requirements.
- For Civil weddings: The new couple will receive a copy of the marriage license and the original will be sent within 5 to 6 months to your home. (Please note that the Mexican Government can take longer to send these documents). When you receive these documents in Spanish, you should translate them into English and go to your city Hall to legalize the marriage.
- Important: IMPORTANT: We kindly ask you to verify the procedure that you will have to follow in order to legalize your
marriage in your country, as sometimes an apostille is required. If you need to Apostille your Marriage Certificate, please be advised that you will have to cover the amount of this service.
- For the Religious ceremonies or Renewal of Vows: The couple will receive a marriage certificate without legal bearing on the wedding day.