Forget about everything, enjoy the excitement of your wedding in Playa del Carmen
Do you want to to get married here from?
Políticas de boda Generales
The couple and 80% of their guests must stay at the same resort where the wedding will be
Guests staying in other hotels must purchase a day pass to attend the ceremony and dinner reception.
For weddings at Riu Palace Riviera Maya, the guests staying at a sister hotel of lower
category they would have to purchase a day pass that cost $45 USD per person. Guests staying in other hotels would have to pay a daypass of $100 USD per person.
*Prices are subject to change without prior notice.
Couple must respect the arrival date according with their ceremony. In the case of Religious
weddings and Renewal of vows, they have to arrive at least 2 full business days prior the
ceremony date (Not counting the Arrival Day, Sundays and Holidays), and 3 full business
days prior for Civil weddings (Not counting Arrival Day, Sundays and Holidays).
Weddings are not performed on Sundays & National holidays
Confirmed weddings cancelled within a month of the ceremony date or upon arrival to the
hotel will be charged a cancellation fee of $250 USD.
Maximum capacity of the Riu Palace Riviera Maya: 100 persons
External vendors are allowed if they are staying at the Hotel where the wedding will be performed or if they pay a Vendor´s Fee of 200 usd per person.
Documentation (Only for Civil/Legal ceremonies)
- Regular Copies of Passports(Bride, Groom and 4 witnesses)
- Regular Copies of Tourist Cards, provided at your arrival to Mexico(Bride, Groom and 4 witnesses)
- Blood Test (It can be done only at the resort)
Couple under 18 years parents must be witnesses.If applicable:
- Divorce Decree (Regular Copy)
- Death Certificate of previous partner (Not needed)
* * * Please notice that we require 4 witnesses that must have at least 18 years old. They would have to arrive three full business days prior the ceremony as well as the couple * * *
- All documents must present the same names or have a legal document that states that the name has been changed.
- Last names must match with the parent's last name.
- The couple have to bring all the documents upon arrival to the on site wedding coordinator. The couple do not have to send anything in advance.
- Translation into Spanish: The required documents must be translated into Spanish by a certified translation office/bureau in your country. This process must be done before your arrival to the hotel.
- Apostille: Is a certified seal that authenticates the signature of the public official who has signed the document. An apostille certificate confirms the person who signed a document has the authority to do so and that the document should therefore be recognized as legal without further evidence in another member state of the Hague Convention. The Apostille must be required in the State where the document was made. The Foreign Offices of each state and country can provide the apostille. In fact, you should apostille the documents before arrive to the hotel.
- Blood Tests: Are required for legal weddings in Mexico. HIV, syphilis, gonorrhea, herpes and all the STD´s are tested. Tests must be performed in Mexico by a certified doctor (for the medical certificate). Your MICE Manager will arrange the doctor appointment in your hotel room. It is very important to mention that If one of the tests cames back positive the ceremony cannot be performed.
Marriage certificateWe kindly ask you to verify the procedure that you will have to follow in order to legalize your marriage in your country, as sometimes an apostille is required. If you need to Apostille your Marriage Certificate, please be advised that you will have to cover the amount of this service.
- For Civil & Religious weddings: The Marriage Certificate will be sent to the couple three to four months after the wedding.Once you receive it, we suggest you take it to your Government’s City Hall to update your civil status.
- Important: As each country has specific requirements, we would recommend you to contact your respective Embassy or Consulate in order to get the complete information regarding the procedure that you have to follow in order to legalize your Marriage Certificate in your country. * Riu Hotels and Resorts is not responsible of this legal procedure.
- For Symbolic weddings & Renewal of Vows: The couple will receive a marriage certificate without legal bearing on the wedding date.