Puerto Vallarta Mexico is the ultimate tropical wedding and honeymoon destination.
Do you want to to get married here from?
General wedding Policies
The couple and 80% of their guests must stay at the same Riu Hotel where the wedding will be performed. Only 20% of the total group can stay at another hotel chain
For weddings at Riu Palace Pacifico, guests staying in a sister hotel of lower category would have to purchase a daypass that cost $80 USD per person. Guests staying in other hotels would have to purchase a daypass of $100 USD per person.
*Prices are subject to change without prior notice.
Couple must respect the arrival date according with their ceremony. In the case of Religious weddings and Renewal of vows, they have to arrive at least 2 full business days prior and 3 full business days for Civil weddings (not counting Saturdays, Sundays and Arrival day in both cases).
Weddings are not performed on Sundays & National holidays
Confirmed weddings cancelled within a month of the ceremony date or upon arrival to the
hotel will be charged a cancellation fee of $250 USD.
Maximum capacity of the Riu Palace Pacífico: 100 people
Outside Vendors are allowed to work in Riu Resorts paying a vendors fee of 300 USD.
If the external provider is not mexican she/he must have a proper work VISA.
Documentation (Only for Civil/Legal Ceremonies)
- Birth Certificates of the Couple (Notarized Copies and Translated into Spanish)
- Passports of the Couple and 4 Witnesses (Regular Copies)
- Tourist Cards of the Couple and 4 witnesses (Regular Copies)
- Divorce Decree, if applicable (Notarized Copy and Translated into Spanish)
- Death Certificate of previous partner (Notarized Copy and translated into Spanish)
- Blood test, Included in the wedding package (It must be done at the resort).
- Written parental consents- people under 18 years old (Notarized Copy and Translated into Spanish).
- All documents need to be at the hotel at least 15 days prior to the wedding date. Please post the documents to the following address:
Avenida de los Cocoteros S/N, Lote K
Condominios Flamingos N, Bahia de Banderas
63732 Nuevo Vallarta
In attention to Daniela Ocampo, the M.I.C.E. Manager.
IMPORTANT: Translations must be done by an official company located in the Nayarit State, Mexico. This governmental requirement has an extra charge (approximately $45 USD per page).
NATIONALITY: If the bride or the groom own the Nationality of the country where the wedding will be performed, they need to notify this information in advance to the Sales Executive due that these type of marriages need to follow different legal requirements.
- Blood Tests: Are required for legal weddings in Mexico. HIV, syphilis, gonorrhea, herpes and all the STD´s are tested. Tests must be performed in Mexico by a certified doctor (for the medical certificate). The MICE Manager will arrange the doctor appointment in your hotel room. It is very important to mention that If one of the tests cames back positive the ceremony cannot be performed.
- For Civil weddings: The new couple will receive a copy of the marriage license and the original will be sent within 5 to 6 months to your home. (Please note that the Mexican Government can take longer to send these documents). When you receive these documents you should translate them into English and go to your city Hall to legalize the marriage.
- Important: IMPORTANT:
We kindly ask you to verify the procedure that you will have to follow in order to legalize your
marriage in your country, as sometimes an apostille is required. If you need to Apostille your Marriage Certificate, please be advised that you will have to cover the amount of this service.
- For the Religious ceremonies or Renewal of Vows: The couple will receive a marriage certificate without legal bearing on the wedding day.