Puerto Vallarta Mexico is the ultimate tropical wedding and honeymoon destination.
Do you want to to get married here from?
General wedding PoliciesThe couple and 80% of their guests must stay at the same Riu Hotel where the wedding will be performed. Only 20% of the total group can stay at another hotel chain.
Documentation (Only for Civil/Legal Ceremonies)
- Couple's Birth Certificates (Notarized Copies and Translated into Spanish)
- Couple's and 4 Witnesses Passports (Photocopies)
- Couple's and 4 Witnesses Tourist Cards (Photocopies)
- Divorce Decree, if apply (Notarized Copy and Translated into Spanish)
- Death Certificate of previous partner, if apply (Notarized Copy and translated into Spanish)
- Blood test, Included in the wedding package (It must be done at the resort).
- Written parental consents for people under 18 years old (Notarized Copy and Translated into Spanish).
- All documents need to be at the hotel at least 15 days prior to the wedding date. Please post the documents to the following address:
Avenida de los Cocoteros S/N, Lote K
Condominios Flamingos N, Bahia de Banderas
63732 Nuevo Vallarta
In attention to Couples's name & wedding date.
IMPORTANT: Translations must be done by an official company located in the Nayarit State, Mexico. This governmental requirement has an extra charge (approximately $45.00 USD per page). *Price is subject to change without prior notice.
NATIONALITY: If the bride or the groom own the Nationality of the country where the wedding will be performed, they need to notify this information in advance to the Wedding Sales Executive due that these type of marriages need to follow different legal requirements.
- Blood Tests: Are required for legal weddings in Mexico. HIV, syphilis, gonorrhea, herpes and all the STD´s are tested. Tests must be performed in Mexico by a certified doctor (for the medical certificate). The MICE Manager will arrange the doctor appointment in your hotel room. It is very important to mention that If one of the tests cames back positive the ceremony cannot be performed.
- For Civil weddings: The new couple will receive a copy of the marriage license and the original will be sent within 5 to 6 months to your home. (Please note that the Mexican Government can take longer to send these documents). When you receive these documents you should translate them into English and go to your city Hall to legalize the marriage.
- Important: IMPORTANT:
We kindly ask you to verify the procedure that you will have to follow in order to legalize your
marriage in your country, as sometimes an apostille is required. If you need to Apostille your Marriage Certificate, please be advised that you will have to cover the amount of this service.
- For the Religious ceremonies or Renewal of Vows: The couple will receive a marriage certificate without legal bearing on the wedding day.