Puerto Vallarta Mexico is the ultimate tropical wedding and honeymoon destination.
Do you want to to get married here from?
Políticas de boda Generales
The couple and 80% of their guests must stay at the same Riu Hotel where the wedding will be performed. Only 20% of the total group can stay at another hotel chain.
For weddings at Riu Vallarta, guests staying at Riu Jalisco hotel would have to purchase a daypass that cost $80 USD per person. Guests staying at Riu Palace Pacifico will be able to attend the wedding and dinner reception without extra charge. Guests staying in other hotels would have to purchase a daypass that cost $100 USD per person. *Prices are subject to change without prior notice.
Couple must respect the arrival date according with their ceremony. In the case of Religious weddings and Renewal of vows, they have to arrive at least 2 full business days prior and 3 full business days for Civil weddings (not counting Saturdays, Sundays and Arrival day in both cases).
Weddings are not performed on Sundays & National holidays
Confirmed weddings cancelled within a month of the ceremony date or upon arrival to the hotel will be charged a cancellation fee of $250 USD.
Maximum capacity of the Riu Vallarta: 100 people
Outside Vendors are allowed to work in Riu Resorts paying a vendors fee of 300 USD. If the external provider is not mexican she/he must have a proper work VISA.
Documentation (Only for Civil/Legal Ceremonies)
- Birth Certificates of the Couple (Notarized Copies and Translated into Spanish)
- Passports of the Couple and 4 Witnesses (Regular Copies)
- Tourist Cards of the Couple and 4 witnesses (Regular Copies)
- Divorce Decree, if applicable (Notarized Copy and Translated into Spanish)
- Death Certificate of previous partner (Notarized Copy and translated into Spanish)
- Blood test, Included in the wedding package (It must be done at the resort).
- Written parental consents- people under 18 years old (Notarized Copy and Translated into Spanish).
- All documents need to be at the hotel at least 15 days prior to the wedding date. Please post the documents to the following address:
Avenida de los Cocoteros S/N, Lote K
Condominios Flamingos N, Bahia de Banderas
63732 Nuevo Vallarta
In attention to Daniela Ocampo, the M.I.C.E. Manager.IMPORTANT: Translations must be done by an official company located in the Nayarit State, Mexico. This governmental requirement has an extra charge (approximately $45 USD per page).
NATIONALITY: If the bride or the groom own the Nationality of the country where the wedding will be performed, they need to notify this information in advance to the Sales Executive due that these type of marriages need to follow different legal requirements.
- Translation into Spanish: The required documents must be translated into Spanish by a certified translation office/bureau in your country. This process must be done before your arrival to the hotel.
- Apostille: Is a certified seal that authenticates the signature of the public official who has signed the document. An apostille certificate confirms the person who signed a document has the authority to do so and that the document should therefore be recognized as legal without further evidence in another member state of the Hague Convention. The Apostille must be required in the State where the document was made. The Foreign Offices of each state and country can provide the apostille. In fact, you should apostille the documents before arrive to the hotel.
- Blood Tests: Are required for legal weddings in Mexico. HIV, syphilis, gonorrhea, herpes and all the STD´s are tested. Tests must be performed in Mexico by a certified doctor (for the medical certificate). Your MICE Manager will arrange the doctor appointment in your hotel room. It is very important to mention that If one of the tests cames back positive the ceremony cannot be performed.
- For Civil & Religious weddings: The Marriage Certificate will be sent to the couple three to four months after the wedding.Once you receive it, we suggest you take it to your Government’s City Hall to update your civil status.
- Important: As each country has specific requirements, we would recommend you to contact your respective Embassy or Consulate in order to get the complete information regarding the procedure that you have to follow in order to legalize your Marriage Certificate in your country. * Riu Hotels and Resorts is not responsible of this legal procedure.
- For Symbolic weddings & Renewal of Vows: The couple will receive a marriage certificate without legal bearing on the wedding date.