The couple and 80% of your guests must stay at the Riu Hotel where the wedding will be performed. Only 20% of the group can stay at another hotel chain.
Guests staying at another hotel chain, will have to cover the cost of a day pass to attend the ceremony and dinner.
The couple must arrive at the hotel at least two (2) full business days before the ceremony date to allow time to finalize the final details of the event. The arrival day or Sunday are not considered business days.
At Riu Playa Blanca unfortunately we don't perform weddings nor events on Sunday or National holidays.
External vendors are allowed as long as they stay at the Hotel where the wedding will take place or if they cover a vendor's fee of $ 300.00 USD* per person to enter the facilities.
Confirmed weddings that are canceled within one month of the ceremony date or on arrival at the Hotel, a cancellation fee applies of $ 250.00 USD.
Maximum capacity for weddings at Riu Playa Blanca: 60 people.
Documentation for Civil Ceremony
According to the requirements of the Electoral Tribunal of Panama, the civil ceremonies require:
- Copy of identity card (ID) of the wedding couple.
- Birth certificates of the wedding couple.
- Single status certificate of the wedding couple.
- Good Healt Certificate, it has to state that the couple have the follow tests done:
A-ITS/VIH (Executive Decree No. 119 of May 29th, 2001 , Article 15).
C-Electrophoresis Hemogoblin (Sickle cell disease)
F -Biochemical analysis
G - Drug Test (Legal Foundation executive decree No. 47 of March 21st 1995)
The diagnostic tests for sexually transmitted infections and human immunodeficiency virus, will be performed mandatory (Article 6, paragraph 6 of the National Act January 3rd, 2000).
- Two (2) witnesses who know the wedding couple, who are not related with them, each must bring a copy of identity card (ID).
- General information of the wedding couple parents.
- If wedding couple are foreign; all documents provide must be authenticated (apostille) by law in your country (Single Status Certificates, birth certificates, valid tourist visa, passport in original and copy)
- Medical certificates can not can be older than fifteen (15) days prior to the wedding date.
- Marriage Application, filled and signed by both parties, without corrections or scratches. (Document provided by weddings sales executive)
- Wedding couple and witnesses must bring each, their identity card or original passport at the time of the ceremony.
Documentation for Symbolic & Renewal of Vows
Passports photocopy this is arranged with the on site wedding coordinator.
Additional Fee for Civil Certificate
Civil Ceremonies apply an additional charge of $200.00 USD* payable at front desk, this charge is due apostille and legal staps.
*Price subject to change without prior notice every year
- Civil Marriage Certificate: Due to local regulations for Civil / Legal Marriage; the issuance of a marriage certificate in Panama takes 6 to 8 months after the wedding date, additional takes 2 months to be sent to your country of origin; therefore, please consider a period of 8 to 11 months to receive your civil-legal marriage certificate at your home. Riu Hotels and Resorts is not responsible for the established time based on local legal procedures.
- Important: We reccomend you to verify the procedure that you will have to follow in order to legalize your marriage certificate in your home country, as sometimes an apostille is required. If you need to Apostille for your Marriage Certificate, please be advised that you will have to cover the amount of this service. Riu Hotels & Resorts is not responsible for this legal procedure
- Symbolic & Renewal of Vows Certificate: No marriage certificate or any paper is given at this type of ceremony this are just blessing ceremonies with no legal value.