Hotel Riu Palace Oasis
Opening the 8th May 2013
The stunning Hotel Riu Palace Oasis, located in Gran Canaria, Spain, is definitely an oasis of comfort, to enjoy the most exclusive service.
This luxurious resort set in a garden of palm trees and artificial lakes 65.000m2 the best service available (All Inclusive 24h) and quality to meet the needs of its customers.
Traveling means enjoying a well deserved holiday, entertainment and tourism. But you must be sure that everything is prepared and you do not forget anything. This is why we have prepared some helpful information, so that your trip to the Algarve will be perfect and will not have to worry about anything more than fun.
- Capital: Lisboa
- Time zone: GMT (Greenwich Meridian Time +1 from last march sunday until last october sunday)
- Currency: EURO (€)
- Oficial language: Portuguese / English and Spanish (tourist areas)
- Electricity: 220 volts AC, 50Hz, two holes continental plug.
- Average summer temperature: 24ºC - 29ºC
- Average winter temperature: 15ºC - 18ºC
- Telephone companies: Optimus, TMN, Vodafone
- Credit cards: Visa, MasterCard, American Express (ask your credit card provider for more information)
- Recommended: Always carry identification (ID) and your passport. In case of theft you must report it to the police station and ask the for new ID at the Consulate.
- Airport: If you are a citizen of the countries included in the Schengen Agreement, just bring your ID. If you are from the countries included in the Schengen Agreement, to travel to Palma de Mallorca by air must carry your passport to land or make the shipment.
- Driving license: valid in case of living in Europe or at least an International Driver License. 18 years age is needed for to drive, and is needed 21 years age to rent a car. In many cases you must present a credit card as safe.
- Visa: is required to be filed if you are a citizen of one of the countries that appear on the list of countries subject to visa requirements.
- Health: It is recommended to travel with the European Health Card. In case of non dispose of it, is recommended to purchase travel health insurance.
Health Information and Security
- Major diseases: None
- Compulsory vaccinations: None
- Recommended vaccinations: None
- Dangerous areas: None
- Water: Water is potable, but to drink bottled water is preferable
Useful telephone numbers
- International code: 00 351 (...)
- Faro airport: 289 800 800
- Lisboa airport: 218 413 500
- Emergency number: 112
- Touristic police station in Faro: 289 899 899
- Hospital Faro: 289 891 100 - 289 802 555
- Hospital Algarve: 282 420 400
- Hospital Lagos: 282 770 700 - 282 770 116
- Hospital Portimão: 282 450 330
Lunes a viernes de 09:00 - 13:00 / 15:00 - 19:00, sábados de 09:00 / 13:00
Los dos aeropuertos principales más cercanos para llegar hasta el Algarve son el Aeropuerto de Faro y el Aeropuerto de Lisboa.
Embajadas y Consulados
You will find it on this link
Main phrases in Portuguese
- Good morning - Bom dia
- Good evening - Boa tarde
- Good night - Boa noite
- Hello! - Ola
- How are you? - Como vai?
- Very well - Muito bem
- Thank you - Obrigado/Obrigada (Si eres mujer)
- Please - Por favor
- Yes/No - Sim/Não
- My name is - O meu nome é
- Please, i want to reserve a room-- Quero reservar um quarto por favor
- Where is…, please? -- Onde está … se faz o favor?
- I need a pen, do you have one? -- Preciso duma caneta. Tem uma?
- Don't worry -- Pronto, nao faz mal
- Glass of water/beer/milk -- Copo de agua/cerveja/leite
- Excuse -- Com licença
- I do not need anything, thanks -- Não preciso de nada, obrigado
- Restroom -- Casa de banho
- I am ill -- Estou doente
- ¿Do you speak english? -- Fala Inglês?
- I'm sorry, i don't understand -- Desculpe, não precebo
- Can you help me? -- Pode ajudar me?
- The bill please -- A conta por favor
- I need a taxi, please -- Preciso de um taxi por favor