Traveling means enjoying a well deserved holiday, entertainment and tourism. But you must be sure that everything is prepared and you do not forget anything. This is why we have prepared some helpful information, so that your trip to Madeira will be perfect and will not have to worry about anything more than fun.
- Capital: Funchal
- Time zone: GMT (Greenwich Meridian Time +1 from last march sunday until last october sunday)
- Currency: EURO (€)
- Oficial language: Portuguese / English and Spanish (tourist areas)
- Electricity: 220 volts AC, 50Hz, two holes continental plug.
- Average summer temperature: 24ºC - 28ºC
- Average winter temperature: 10ºC - 12ºC
- Telephone companies: Optimus, TMN, Vodafone
- Credit cards: Visa, MasterCard... (ask your credit card provider for more information)
- Recommended: Always carry identification (ID) and your passport. In case of theft you must report it to the police station and ask the for new ID at the Consulate.
- Airport: If you are a citizen of the countries included in the Schengen Agreement, just bring your ID. If you are from the countries included in the Schengen Agreement, to travel to Palma de Mallorca by air must carry your passport to land or make the shipment.
- Driving license: valid in case of living in Europe or at least an International Driver License. 18 years age is needed for to drive, and is needed 21 years age to rent a car. In many cases you must present a credit card as safe.
- Visa: is required to be filed if you are a citizen of one of the countries that appear on the list of countries subject to visa requirements. You can check this list at the link below
- Health: It is recommended to travel with the European Health Card. In case of non dispose of it, is recommended to purchase travel health insurance.
Health Information and Security
- Major diseases: None
- Compulsory vaccinations: None
- Recommended vaccinations: None
- Dangerous areas: None
Useful telephone numbers
- International code: 00 351 (...)
- Madeira/Funchal airport: 289 800 800
- Lisboa airport: 291 520 700
- Emergency number: 112
- GNR Police in Funchal: 291 214 460
- Funchal Hospital: 291 705 600
Monday to Friday 09:00 - 13:00 / 15:00 - 19:00, Saturday 09:00 / 13:00
The closest airport to reach our hotel is the International Airport of Madeira/Funchal.
Embassy and Consulates
You will find it on this link
Main phrases in Portuguese
- Good morning - Bom dia
- Good evening - Boa tarde
- Good night - Boa noite
- Hello! - Ola
- How are you? - Como vai?
- Very well - Muito bem
- Thank you - Obrigado/Obrigada (Si eres mujer)
- Please - Por favor
- Yes/No - Sim/Não
- My name is - O meu nome é
- Please, i want to reserve a room-- Quero reservar um quarto por favor
- Where is…, please? -- Onde está … se faz o favor?
- I need a pen, do you have one? -- Preciso duma caneta. Tem uma?
- Don't worry -- Pronto, nao faz mal
- Glass of water/beer/milk -- Copo de agua/cerveja/leite
- Excuse -- Com licença
- I do not need anything, thanks -- Não preciso de nada, obrigado
- Restroom -- Casa de banho
- I am ill -- Estou doente
- ¿Do you speak english? -- Fala Inglês?
- I'm sorry, i don't understand -- Desculpe, não precebo
- Can you help me? -- Pode ajudar me?
- The bill please -- A conta por favor
- I need a taxi, please -- Preciso de um taxi por favor