Sports and activities
If your next destination is Majorca, then you've chosen the best place for sports and activities, either with family, partner or with friends. In the different Riu hotels in the Island will also find many activities, entertainment and much more for your fun. Here we suggest a few:
- Safari Zoo: this nice park-zoo, situated in Porto Cristo, is open all year, and you can see over 600 animal species such as giraffe, elephant, tiger, monkey, lion and many more. Fun for the whole family, and even a mini train that goes around the park.
- Natura Park: located in the Santa Eugenia, this park has many animal species, and also teaches how to preserve and respect the natural environment. You'll also find the possibility of making activities, contests, birthday parties, and even sponsor a wild friend.
- Marineland: in this wonderful park you will find the smartest dolphins and sea lions, that perform very funny shows. They are true acrobats prepared to get you wet and make you laugh all day. You can eat, drink and even personally know a dolphin and swim with him. Find it at Costa d'en Blanes.
- Aqualand: the largest water park in Europe is located in the locality of El Arenal, and provides you with the best water slides and atractions for your cooler summer. A fantastic idea for those looking for something fun for all ages, and is only ten minutes from our hotels.
- Western WaterPark: if you are looking for emotions and fun, this is the place. With 14 different rides and many liters of water, Western Park is ideal for families, couples and groups of friends looking to stick a dip. Find it at Magaluf.
- HidroPark: enjoy a great day of fun in this fantastic water park located in Alcudia. It has slides, pools and hosts events such as birthdays, weddings, paintball, mini golf and much more.
- Palma Aquarium: sharks, Mediterranean fish, colorful fish, turtles and many more marine species. In this aquarium you can visit The Big Blue, the deepest sharks tank in Europe, with a thousand more species, not to be missed. You'll find also a pirate park, restaurant, bar, outdoor pools and various displays. A unique underwater world in Mallorca. Find it at Can Pastilla.
- House of Katmandu: this unique tibetan style mansion is built in reverse, with the roof on the ground and the ground into the air. It is full of ancient mysteries, funny visual effects, unique robots, sounds and legends, as well as a mini golf, a cinema 4d and a delicious restaurant. It is located in Magaluf.
- Festival Park: This huge Outlet Park is located in Marratxi, and has many clothing and shoe stores, cinema, bowling alley, various restaurants, bars and performs parades and competitions on special feasts throughout the year.
- Jumaica Tropical Park: This tropical park has more than 25,000 square meters, full of tropical plants and different gardens. You can visit it at Porto Cristo.
As you will see, there are endless things to do, but if you also want to spend some funny hours at your favorite sport, we offer some of the best options in Mallorca:
- Nautic sports
- Water sports
- Mountain adventure activities
- Air sports
- Horse riding
Tournaments and Competitions
- International TUI Marathon: This event is now very popular on the island, and each year attracts thousands of tourists, majorcans and different companies to participate in this race organized by TUI.
- Superyacht Cup: The Superyacht Cup is one of the four most important races of super yachts in the world, along with the St Barths Bucket Regatta, la Newport Bucket Regatta y la Loro Piana Regatta de Porto Cervo. Is held in the Old Quay Port of Palma, where there are about 20 boats participating.
- Golf Tournament Vall de Soller: many golf lovers gather to celebrate this event, now famous throughout Mallorca.
- Mallorca Classic: This is the most important cycling race in Majorca, in which more than 700 runners compete, including several world champions of cycling, which usually participate to enjoy this classic tournament of the island.
- Ciutat de Palma Half Marathon: from several years ago, this half marathon is held in the city of Palma, involving beginners, professionals and all kind of sports enthusiasts.
If you want to know the best beaches, our hotels will be perfect for it: Hotel Riu Concordia, Hotel Riu Festival, Hotel Riu Bravo, Hotel Riu Playapark, Hotel Riu San Francisco, ClubHotel Riu Tropicana, ClubHotel Riu Romantica and the two of them located in the nice place of Illetas, Hotel Riu Palace Bonanza Playa y Hotel Riu Bonanza Park.