Hotel Riu Palace Costa Rica
The recent 5 star complex, Hotel Riu Palace Costa Rica (All Inclusive 24h), is located in Guanacaste, Costa Rica on the shore of the beach of Matapalo. This new hotel, fully prepared to give the best service to its customers, has four swimming pools (one with a swim-up bar), jacuzzi, gym, sauna and wellness center "Renova Spa" with different treatments and massages . All you need for maximum comfort during your stay.
Riu Class Program general legal terms
1.- The Riu Class Program and card are property of RIUSA II, S.A., Calle Llaud s/n, 07610 Palma de Mallorca, Spain.
2.- RIUSA II, S.A. must be informed in writing by the cardholder of any changes in the cardholder’s name, address or number of identification document (passport or national identity card) and the date of issue thereof at the main offices in Palma de Mallorca, at Riu Class, C/ Llaud s/n, 07610 Palma de Mallorca, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by changing his or her personal data on the Riu Class website. RIUSA II, S.A. shall not be held liable for any malfunction or damage caused to guests that arises from non-compliance with the provisions of this paragraph.
3.- RIUSA II, S.A. reserves the right to discontinue cards and guest accounts if it deems it has sufficient reasons for doing so.
4.- The Riu Class Program application form implies participants’ express authorisation for their personal data to be provided to Riu Group companies and its franchised establishments exclusively for advertising purposes. All information requested must be provided. Participants have the right to access the files where their data is stored and may exercise the right to rectification, cancellation and opposition contained in Organic Law 15/1999 of December 13 on Protection of Personal Data, as well as the right to revoke their consent for the transfer and processing of their personal data. Participants wishing to exercise the aforementioned rights must give notice thereof, in writing, to the head of the department of personal data at the following address: RIUSA II, S.A., Riu Class, C/Llaud s/n, 07610 Palma de Mallorca or at email@example.com.
5.- RIUSA II, S.A. reserves the right to cancel or modify, totally or partially, with or without prior notice, the conditions of the Riu Class Program, the points accrual and redemption tables and service agreements with partners at destinations and the clauses contained at ww.riu.com shall be considered to be in effect, superseding any previous conditions. All points earned by cardholders shall be cancelled should the program be annulled. RIUSA, II S.A. is not liable for any damages or prejudicial consequences caused by the cancellation or modification of the Riu Class Program. Riu Class points may not be redeemed for cash under any circumstances whatsoever.
6.- RIUSA, II S.A. and companies belonging to Grupo Riu Hotels in Spain or other countries decline any liability arising from the inability, for any reason whatsoever, including force majeur and acts of God, to fully comply with the provisions mentioned above that incorporate the rules of the Riu Class Program. Under no circumstances shall they be held liable for damages and prejudicial consequences arising from the compliance or non-compliance with any of the terms and conditions contained in the Riu Class Program rules.
7.- Riu Class Program terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Spain. Any disputes shall be brought before the Courts of Palma de Mallorca.
8.- The cardholder may withdraw consent to receive promotional communications at any time by simply contacting the sender, via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
9.- Riu Class (WRC) reservations have Specific Contracting Terms and Conditions. These may be consulted at https://www.riu.com/en/riuclass/paginasfinales/terminos.jsp and a breakdown is given below.
Riu Class Program general legal conditions
(0) The Riu Class Program terms and conditions posted at www.riuclass.com are considered in effect, superseding any previous conditions.
(1) The registration form (available at our hotels and at www.riu.com) must be completed in full for participation in the Riu Class Program. Legal entities, as well as employees in the tourism sector are excluded from the program. Cardholders must be 18 years of age or over.
(2) The Riu Class card is personal and non-transferable. One cardholder and one adult beneficiary, who must be the partner of the cardholder, are permitted per card. Cardholders’ children under 18 years of age may also be beneficiaries of Riu Class cards. Cardholders and those persons registered as beneficiary members in the Riu Class Program are the only individuals who may use the card. Cardholders’ other beneficiaries may be added after the card has been issued, provided that they meet the established requirements.
(3) Please visit www.riu.com or consult our Riu Class Team for further information about our selection of preferential hotels, special promotions and offers.
(4) Those choosing to register for the Riu Class Program using the form posted at www.riuclass.com will receive their pre-numbered provisional Riu Class card when registration has concluded. The number of the provisional card corresponds to the number of the cardholder’s Riu Class account and identifies him or her as a program member until the definitive card has been issued.
(5) Provisional cards obtained through www.riuclass.com have the Riu Class Pre-Classic card
(6) Participants in the Riu Class Program, Riu Class Pre-Classic cardholders, will receive their definitive Riu Class Classic card when they visit a Riu hotel for the first time and correctly register the visit in their account.
Conditions for accruing points
(7) Points start to accrue as soon as the registration form is completed. Stays in hotels prior to application to join the Program will not accrue points.
(8) The Riu Class Program allows points to be accrued per person and per night according to destination, tourist season and category of the hotels guests choose to stay in.
(9) If a visit is made to an establishment that no longer belongs to the Riu Hotels & Resorts chain, this visit will accrue points towards obtaining Gold and Diamond tiers whenever said hotel appears in the official Riu Hotels & Resorts catalogue at the time of the visit. To the contrary, no points may be redeemed at said hotel from the time when the establishment no longer belongs to the chain.
(10) Points accrued during a visit will automatically be assigned to Riu Class cards whenever guests identify themselves as Program members and show their cards or indicate their numbers when checking into a hotel. Points not automatically assigned to the Riu Class card may be added within a one-year period after a visit. To do so, the Riu Class cardholder must make a claim in his or her private area or in writing to the Riu Class Team, accompanied by written proof of the visit, which states the name of the, hotel, check-in and check-out dates and the people staying, without which no retroactive points will be awarded.
(11) Riu points accrued during visits shall be added to Riu Class cards at check-out and may be redeemed during the following visit to a Riu hotel.
(12) Persons whose reservations are made through invitations, special promotions, auctions, complementary stays and courtesies do not accrue points. Children over 2 years of age only receive points when travelling with an adult who participates in the Riu Class Program. Restrictions apply.
Expiry of points and cancellation of Riu Class accounts
(13) Riu points in accounts that do not register activity (Visit) for a period of over two years shall automatically expire without prior notice. Cardholders shall maintain their card numbers, which may be used again during their next visit to a Riu hotel.
(14) Riu Class accounts that do not register any activity (Visit) for a period of over four years are automatically cancelled without prior notice. Cardholders shall maintain their card number, which may be reactivated during their next visit to a Riu hotel.
(15) 10 points are equivalent to €0.25 (or its equivalent in the currency of the country in which the hotel is located) to pay the extra expenses at the hotel.
Obtaining and maintaining Riu Class Gold and Riu Class Diamond tiers
(16) Benefits that apply to Gold and Diamond tiers and the obtaining thereof respectively shall be applicable whenever the Riu Class cardholder and each and every one of the beneficiary members over 18 years of age have accrued the minimum number of points (for stays contracted and paid for) required to obtain Gold and Diamond tiers. Obtaining tiers is achieved through the following:
- Riu Class Classic: completion of the application form and a first visit.
- Riu Class Gold: accrual of 1,600 points (for stays contracted and paid for) over a period of two consecutive years.
- Riu Class Diamond: accrual of 5,000 points (for stays contracted and paid for) over a period of two consecutive years.
(17) To maintain the Gold and Diamond tiers, the Riu Class cardholder, and each and every one of the beneficiary members over 18 years of age, must accrue the minimum number of points (for stays contracted and paid for) as follows:
- Riu Class Gold: 3,200 points (for stays contracted and paid for) accrued over a period of two consecutive years.
- Riu Class Diamond: 7,500 points (for stays contracted and paid for) accrued over a period of two consecutive years.
(18) The validity of Gold and Diamond tier cards will be extended for a period of 2 consecutive years whenever the cardholder and each and every one of the beneficiary members meet the maintenance conditions for each tier. Participants who do not meet maintenance conditions shall be issued a new card with the same Riu Class account number in the tier immediately below it:
- Riu Class Gold members shall be issued a Riu Class Classic card.
- Riu Class Diamond members shall be issued a Riu Class Gold card.
(19) The conditions required to obtain each tier must be fulfilled to recover Gold or Diamond cards that have been downgraded because conditions have not been met.
Partner services at destinations
(20) Visit the reception desk of your hotel or www.riuclass.com for information about partner services at your destination.
Loss, theft or damage to Riu Class cards
(21) Riu Class Cardholders must immediately report the loss, theft or damage to their Riu Class cards to the Riu Class Team, which will allow a new card with the same Riu Class account number to be issued. Every duplicate will cost 250 points, that will be charged to the account.
Riu Class Service Guarantee
(22) Riu Class Program cardholders are the beneficiaries of the Riu Class Service Guarantee, in which problems in hotel services described in tour operator brochures shall be corrected or a satisfactory alternative proposed within a 24-hour period. Problems must be previously reported to the hotel management.
Services and advantages of Riu Class cards
(23) Riu Class Classic, Riu Class Gold and Riu Class Diamond cardholders can redeem their points for merchandise in Riu Shops at their destinations during their stay, except on the day they check out.
(24) Riu Class Classic, Riu Class Gold and Riu Class Diamond cardholders can redeem their points for extras in the hotel on the day they check out, except in Riu Plaza hotels. Points will be redeemed automatically as long as the cardholder has points accumulated and does not state otherwise.
(25) Riu Class Classic, Riu Class Gold and Riu Class Diamond cardholders benefit from the following services:
- Riu Class Classic: points can be redeemed for late checkout. Riu Class cardholders who wish to enjoy our free late checkout service must notify the Riu Class Team at least 3 weeks before checking in and then after arriving, must notify the reception desk at least 3 days in advance. In Riu Plaza hotels this notification must be given 1 day in advance of departure and costs 2000 points. This service is subject to availability at the time of stay.
- Riu Class Classic and Riu Class Gold: points can be redeemed for room upgrades. Subject to availability at the time of stay. See the specific conditions that apply.
- Riu Class Gold and Riu Class Diamond: room assignment, dining room sitting and table assignment, complimentary late checkout. Riu Class cardholders who wish to enjoy these services must notify the Riu Class Team at least 3 weeks before checking in and then after arriving, must notify the reception desk at least 3 days in advance. In Riu Plaza hotels this notification must be given 1 day in advance of departure. In Riu Plaza hotels cardholders will have exclusive access to the executive room: relaxation area, meeting room, complimentary soft drinks, wine and beer, tea and coffee, biscuits and canapés, depending on time of day, concierge service and the days press. All these services are subject to availability at the time of stay.
- Riu Class Diamond: express check-in and free room upgrade. Riu Class cardholders who wish to enjoy these services must notify the Riu Class Team or send their request to www.riuclas.com at least three weeks in advance of their check-in date. All services subject to availability at the time of stay.
Obtaining room upgrades by using Riu Class points (redeeming points for upgrades)
(26) Room upgrades are subject to availability and the existence of the desired type of room in a hotel at the time of a visit. A room upgrade can be obtained for a certain number of nights during a guest’s stay or for the entire stay.
(27) Room upgrades with redeemed points must be requested 3 weeks in advance prior arrival to the hotel and need to be confirmed according to room availability three weeks prior your arrival to the Hotel. Room upgrades are obtained after identification of the Riu Class cardholder, who must be an adult (over 18), and verification of the number of points in the account.
(28) The number of points per person and per night required for a room upgrade varies according to destination, hotel category and type of room desired. Riu Class reserves the right to change the points redemption tables at any time without prior notice.
(29) The following room upgrades are permitted in holiday hotels:
- Upgrade 1 (UPG1): from a standard double room to a standard double room with sea views
- Upgrade 2(UPG2): from a standard double room with sea views to a junior suite
- Upgrade 3 (UPG3): from a junior suite to a senior suite
- Upgrade 4 (UPGJS) from a standard double room to a junior suite
- Upgrade 5 (UPGSS) from a standard double room to a senior suite
The number of points per person and per night needed to obtain a room upgrade with redeemed points is based on double occupancy. Supplements for third persons (additional guests) or single occupancy will be charged at the direct booking room rate in effect and must be settled in cash.
(30) The following room upgrades are permitted in Riu Plaza hotels:
- Upgrade A (UPGA): from Deluxe room to Junior Suite or Executive Room: 1000 points per room and night
-Upgrade B (UPGB): from to Junior Suite or Executive Room to Senior Suite. 3000 points per room and night
(31) Stays in which a room upgrade with redeemed points is enjoyed accrue Riu Class points according to the points accrual tables posted at www.riuclass.com and considered in effect.
(32) The Riu Class points needed to enjoy a room upgrade with redeemed points will be blocked in the cardholder’s Riu Class account and cannot be used for any other program services. The balance of points in the cardholder’s Riu Class account will become definitive at check-in.
(33) If a Riu Class cardholder staying in an upgraded room with redeemed points wishes to cut his or her visit short, the points corresponding to the nights stayed will be discounted from the Riu Class account at check out.
(34) If the cardholder wishes to extend his or her stay, additional nights will be charged at the direct booking room rate in effect and must be paid for in cash. Extended stays are subject to the availability of rooms at a hotel. Extended stays accrue points per night and per person according to the points accrual tables contained in the Riu Class Program.
Transferring points between different Riu Class accounts
(35) Points can be transferred between different accounts upon identification of the Riu Class accountholder who wishes to transfer points (hereon in, the origin account cardholder), who must be an adult (over 18 years of age), and verification of the number of points in the account.
(36) Points can be transferred between different Riu Class accounts through the Riu Class Team or at www.riuclass.com.
(37) To transfer points, the origin account cardholder must provide the Riu Class card number, e-mail address and first and last name of the beneficiary of the transfer (destination account), as well as the number of points to be transferred.
(38) Points transferred will figure in detail in the origin and destination cardholder account statements of points.