Discover how we make dream destination weddings in fabulous Mexico a reality.
Voulez-vous vous marier ici à partir de ?
Type of ceremony
Weddings by Riu celebrates three different types of ceremonies: Civil, Religious and Renewal of Vows.
- The Civil ceremony: Is performed by a Judge and it is legally recognized. It has legal bearing, require paperwork as well as the blood tests ( HIV,Gonorrhea and all STD`S are tested. This ceremony is performed in Spanish and Translated into English by the MICE Manager.
Civil weddings are legally recognized in the country where the wedding will be performed. As each country has specific requirements, we would recommend you to contact your respective Embassy or Consulate in order to get the complete information regarding the procedure that you have to follow in order to legalize your Marriage Certificate in your country.
* Riu Hotels and Resorts is not responsible of this legal procedure.
- Religious Ceremonies and Renewal of vows: Are Blessing Ceremonies performed by a Non-denominational Minister in English and are not legally recognized. No paper work, blood tests and witnesses are required. After the ceremony, Bride and Groom will receive a “symbolic” marriage certificate.
- Important: For symbolic and renewal of vows ceremonies, please consider that if you cancel the minister service within 60 business days before your wedding date there will be a charge as cancellation fee of $ 250.00 USD which must be paid at front desk upon arrival.
- Locations: All of our resorts offer different locations to hold the wedding ceremony. You may choose from
- • Gazebo: Capacité maximum 90 personnes
- • Beach: Capacité maximum 100 personnes