A romantic wedding in the Caribbean, an unbeatable Palace.
Vuoi sposarti qui da?
Type of Ceremonies
Weddings by Riu celebrates three different types of ceremonies: Civil, Symbolic & Renewal of Vows.
- Civil Ceremonies: Are performed by a Judge and are legally recognized. Paperwork as well as blood tests are required (HIV, syphilis, gonorrhea and all STD's are tested). The newlyweds will receive a legal marriage certificate in Spanish Language.
- Importante: Civil weddings are legally recognized in the country where they take place. As each country has specific requirements, we recommend contact your respective embassy or consulate in order to obtain all the information about the procedures that will be followed to legalize the marriage certificate in your country of origin. *Riu Hotels and Resorts is not responsible for this legal procedure.
- Symbolic & Renewal of Vows Ceremonies
: Are Blessing Ceremonies performed by a Non-denominational Minister and are not legally recognized. No paper work, blood tests and witnesses are required. After the ceremony, wedding couple will receive a “symbolic” marriage certificate.
- Importante: Riu Hotels & Resorts prides itself on the reliability of our properties which always welcomes cultural diversity, please note that our Riu properties in Mexico performs symbolic same-sex weddings.
In order to apply for a renewal of vows ceremony is a must to send a photocopy from the legal marriage certificate of your home country.
- Locations: All our hotels offer different locations to perform the ceremony at Riu Palace Peninsula you can choose:
- • Garden: Capacità massima 50 Persone (*subject to change in case of bad weather or high tide)