Celebrate your special day in a 5 stars tropical resort...
Wilt u trouwen in deze bestemming uit?
Type of Ceremonies
Weddings by Riu celebrates three different types of ceremonies: Civil, Symbolic & Renewal of Vows.
- Civil ceremonies: Are performed by an official Judge in Spanish, his speech is translated from the On-Site Wedding Coordinator, are legally recognized. Paperwork is required. The newlyweds will receive a legal marriage certificate in Spanish Language.
Civil weddings are legally recognized in the country where they are performed. We recommend you to contact your respective Embassy or Consulate in order to get the complete information regarding the procedure that you'll have to follow in order to legalize your Marriage Certificate in your home country. *Riu Hotels and Resorts is not responsible for this legal procedure.
- Religious ceremonies (Catholic): Performed by a Catholic Priest which offers a marriage certificate. The ceremony takes from 45 to 50 minutes.
- Belangrijk: Catholic ceremonies can take place only at Riu Bambu's Gazebo or Riu Palace Bavaro's Garden Area, this type of ceremony can not take place on the beach.
- Symbolic & Renewal of Vows ceremonies: Are Blessing Ceremonies performed by a Non-denominational Minister and are not legally recognized. No paper work or witnesses are required. After the ceremony, wedding couple will receive a “symbolic” marriage certificate. This wedding takes from 20 to 25 minutes.
- Belangrijk: If you bring a Minister of your own please be aware the price will be the same and the minister must stay for 3 nights minimum.
In order to apply for a renewal of vows ceremony is a must to send a photocopy from the legal marriage certificate of your home country.
- Locations: All of our resorts offer different locations to hold the wedding ceremony. At Riu Palace Bavaro you may choose from:
- • Beach: Max. capaciteit 150 Personen Located at Riu Palace Macao.