Hotel Riu Palace Oasis
Opening the 8th May 2013
The stunning Hotel Riu Palace Oasis, located in Gran Canaria, Spain, is definitely an oasis of comfort, to enjoy the most exclusive service.
This luxurious resort set in a garden of palm trees and artificial lakes 65.000m2 the best service available (All Inclusive 24h) and quality to meet the needs of its customers.
Sports and activities
- Aquashow: located in the town of Quarteira, has the largest water roller coaster in Europe. Liters of non-stop fun!
- Pena Adventure Park: This park offers you a day full of adrenaline, and has the best facilities for a multitude of activities such as paintball, rock climbing, mini golf, rafting, kayaking, canoeing, and even the largest zip line in Europe.
- Zoomarine: in addition to a fantastic water park, features a 4D cinema, dolphin shows, and entertainment shows. It is only 10km from Albufeira.
- Karts Circuit: karting is a funny sport, and likes many young people, so do not hesitate to visit this fantastic circuit, located between Vilamoura and Loulé.
- Krazy World Zoo: This zoo has a good restaurants area, and a playground for the whole family. You will find it 10 minutes from the town of Aldoz.
- 4x4 Guadiana Safari Cruiser: this beautiful tour takes you by the river Guadiana, and you may make a tour in 4x4, by Vila Real de Santo Antonio and surrounding areas.
Beaches where to practice sports
If you love water sports or extreme sports, Algarve will undoubtedly be a good choice for you. Its clean beaches of golden sand, waves for all tastes and an ideal weather, form the perfect ensemble for any athlete. Algarve has over three hundred days of sunshine a year, and over a hundred large beaches to enjoy the most. We offer activities such as windsurfing, golf,surfing, kite surfing, spear fishing, diving, swimming, hiking, mountain biking, horseback riding, tennis, marathon running, sailing, fishing, canoeing, hunting and many more. Some beaches are better for water sports, such as:
- Praia da Luz
- Praia do Amado
- Praia da Cordama
- Praia Castelejo
You will find all kind of activities to do with your family, your partner or friends in the Algarve. If you travel to this destination to see the best sport events in action, or just looking for fun, we propose the following national and international sport competitions:
Tournaments and competitions:
- International Mountain Bike Marathon in the Algarve: The mountain bike marathon, organized by the Extremo Sul Association, has combined the adventure and competition in a location with the amazing landscapes of the Algarve. Held in San Bartolomeu de Messines, Silves, both professional and amateur participate on this event, recognized nationally and internationally.
- Cycling Tour of the Algarve: Every year this event attracts thousands of viewers, and many riders, to participate in this race of unusual beauty, which brings together some of the best international riders.
- Portugal Vodafone Rally: WRC returns to the qualifying sessions in the Algarve. The Vodafone Rally of Portugal is the country's most important event during the month of March. Do not miss all the excitement and adrenaline of the World Rally Championship in the towns of Faro, Loulé and Silves.
- Portugal Grand tournement: The best drivers and most powerful boats gather at the Rio Arade, for the F1 Powerboat World Championship in Algarve. Magnificent views and extreme speeds over the sea, in an event that certainly can not be missed by any sports enthusiast.
- World Match Racing Tour: on Portimão is organized the 'Portimão Portugal Match Cup', one of the sailing competitions most importants in the world. It has the presence of the best 'Match Race' crews. During the same event is disputing the 'Portimão Portugal Junior Cup', a race dedicated to the youngest and the promises of national and international sailing.
- Portugal Superbikes Grand Prix: high speed on two wheels, strong emotions and a unique spectacle in the area. We are talking about the Superbikes World Championship, held on Algarve. Pilots, prototypes and emotions come together in the Algarve International Autodrome.
- International Cross Las Almendras: in the town of Albufeira, this race is already nationally and internationally known, and attracts thousands of participants and sports enthusiasts.
- Grand Prix Kings of Athletics: that takes place at night in the streets of Faro.
- Algarve Women's Football Cup: Women's Football World Cup will be held once again at the stadiums of Algarve. Involving several women's teams from all over the world in this annual competition.
- Portugal Cup of Parachuting: The adrenaline is in the sky of Portimao! Do not miss this great opportunity to see some of the best specialists in this sport, live during three weekends at the beginning of year.
- Portugal Masters: Vilamoura is gathering the best golf players to compete for the Portugal Masters, one of the major tournaments of this sport. One more reason to say that Algarve is one of the best golf destinations in Europe.
- Tour of Algarve. each year during the month of February, hundreds of riders gather to tour Algarve by bike. Everyone is looking to have fun and try to win the Trophy RDP / Algarve.
- Sailing Tournament: could not be absent this competition, in which professionals and amateurs compete in the month of February on the International Sailing Tournament Algarve, an event not to be missed if you love water sports.