Let us take care of all the details while you enjoy this moments with your family and friends…
Deseja casar se aqui a partir de?
Type of ceremony
Weddings by Riu celebrates two different types of ceremonies: Civil and Symbolic/Renewal of vows.
- Civil Ceremony: Performed by an official Judge, the couple will receive a legal certificate. The wedding last 20 to 25 minutes.
Civil weddings are legally recognized in the country where the wedding will be performed.
As each country has specific requirements, we would recommend you to contact your
respective Embassy or Consulate in order to get the complete information regarding the
procedure that you have to follow in order to legalize your Marriage Certificate in your country.
* Riu Hotels and Resorts is not responsible of this legal procedure.
Ceremonies are booked according to time and place. The first wedding would be at 12:00pm and the latest time available for weddings would be at 6:00pm. Please note we cannot offer sooner or later ceremonies since the Judge or Minister does not perform at other times.
Please note that the Judge officially works from Monday to Friday. On Saturdays he charges 150 USD over the regular Riu Wedding Package price.
- Renewal of Vows/Symbolic Ceremony: Ceremonies without any legal bearing, performed by a Non-Denominational Minister. The wedding takes 20 to 25 minutes. For this type of weddings Riu Hotels & Resorts can provide you a Minister or you could bring your own Minister. However, please be advised that your wedding is not going to be legally recognized. If you decide to bring your own Minister, he will not be able to provide you a marriage certificate.
- Locations: All of our resorts offer different locations to hold the wedding ceremony. At Riu Merengue you may choose from:
- • Gazebo: Capacidade máxima 50 pessoas
- • Beach: Capacidade máxima 60 pessoas