General wedding policies
The couple and 80% of their guests must stay at the same Riu Hotel where the wedding will be performed. Only 20% of the total group can stay at another hotel chain.
Wedding guests who are not staying at the resort must purchase a day pass with a cost of $95.00* USD per person plus ceremony fees and reception costs.
Couples must respect the arrival date, they have to arrive at least two (2) full business days for symbolic/religious ceremony and three (3) full business days for a civil ceremony, prior the wedding date. Please note that arrival days, Saturdays, Sundays and National Holidays are not considered business days.
Weddings are not performed on Sundays & Aruba national holidays.
Outside Vendors are allowed to enter the property with a vendor's fee of $250.00 USD.
Confirmed weddings cancelled within a month of the ceremony date or upon arrival to the hotel will be charged a cancellation fee of $250.00 USD*.
Maximum capacity of the Riu Palace Aruba: 100 people
*Prices subject to change without prior notice.
**Name Changes: Names in a wedding confirmation submited through a third-party person and/or travel agents are not eligible for any changes. Please contact your assigned Wedding Reservations Executive or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Couples must submit an "Aruba Letter of Intent" (one signed by the bride and one by the groom).
- Couple must obtain a "Letter of Non-impediment" (a document from the Government Agency from their Country that records marriages and shows the couple's present Marital status) as proof that by their records they are both presently unmarried and are therefore free to be married to each other.
- Each person must submit a certified copy of his and her birth certificate in "long form" i.e. showing the names of their birth parents. These will be returned to you after your civil ceremony here on the island.
- An "Apostille" must be attached to the birth certificates as well as to the "Letter of Non-impediment".
- An "Apostille" is an official document issued by the local Secretary of States office (Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the UK) .
- If either party has been divorced they must submit a copy of the first and last page of their final divorce decree.
- If either party has been widowed, they must submit a copy of the death certificate.
- Valid passports copies of the couple (photo-pages).
- Valid passports copies of the witnesses.
- The couple must send scanned copies of all these documents in order to be received at least one month before the marriage date.
- In Aruba is established by Law that Civil Ceremonies must be performed at the City Hall in the mornings from Monday trough Friday only (10:00 AM or 11:00 AM)
The original documents must be send three weeks before the ceremony date by express mail or express shipment.
Symbolic or Renewal of Vows Ceremony: The couple must bring a photocopy of their marriage license upon arrival, once they arrive at the hotel, they will have to sign a waiver where they agree that the wedding ceremony celebrated in Aruba is not legally recognized.
Civil + Symbolic Wedding:
Civil Wedding must be performed only Monday to Friday, 10:00 AM or 11:00 AM since the City Hall is closed on weekends and Symbolic Wedding must be performed on the same day, on the beach in the afternoon (4:00 PM or 6:00 PM).
Taxi is included both ways to City Hall for the wedding couple and wedding coordinator only.
Civil + Symbolic Wedding have an additional charge of $550.00 USD over the symbolic ceremony cost.
*Price subject to change without prior notice.
- Civil wedding:
The marriage certificate will be given to the couple two or three business days after the wedding day or if the couple is not longer in Aruba, can be sent to the address provided.
**Once you receive it, we suggest you to take it to your government's City Hall in order to update your civil status.
Please verify the procedure that you'll have to follow, in order to legalize your marriage in your home country, as sometimes an apostille seal is required. If you need to Apostille your Marriage Certificate, please be advised that you'll have to cover the amount of this service.
*Riu Hotels & Resorts is not responsible of this legal procedure.
- Symbolic or Renewal of Vows Ceremony: The couple will receive a symbolic marriage certificate without legal bearing on the wedding day.