Nothing could be more romantic than a wedding on Paradise Island
Do you want to to get married here from?
Type of Ceremonies
Weddings by Riu celebrates three different types of ceremonies: Civil, Symbolic & Renewal of Vows.
- Renewal of vows Ceremonies
: Are performed by a Non-denominational Minister. This ceremony is not legally recognized and no documentation is required. After the ceremony, wedding couple will receive a “symbolic” marriage certificate.
- Important: In order to apply for a renewal of vows ceremony is a must to send a photocopy from the legal marriage certificate of your home country.
- Civil & Symbolic ceremonies: Are performed by a Minister. Both are legally recognized. If the ceremony is Civil the Minister will not mention God. At the Symbolic ceremony, God will be mentioned. The new couple will receive a legal marriage certificate in English Language.
- Important: Civil weddings are legally recognized in the country where the wedding is performed. As each country has specific requirements, We highly recommend you to contact your respective Embassy or Consulate in order to get the complete information regarding the procedure that you'll have to follow in order to legalize your Marriage Certificate in your country. *Riu Hotels and Resorts is not responsible of this legal procedure.
- Locations: All of our resorts offer different locations to hold the wedding ceremony. At Riu Palace Paradise Island you may choose from:
- • Beach: Maximum capacity 150 persons