General wedding policies
The couple and 80% of their guests must stay at the same resort where the wedding will be performed. Only 20% of the total group can stay at a sister property or other hotel chain.
If clients are staying at other hotel chain and they would like to attend to the wedding, there will be a charge of a day pass of $45.00 USD* per person, plus ceremony and reception fees.
Couples must respect the arrival date, they have to arrive at least two (2) full business days for symbolic ceremony and three (3) full business days for a civil ceremony, prior the wedding date (not counting weekends, National Holidays and the arrival day).
Weddings or events are not performed on National holidays or Sundays.
Confirmed weddings cancelled within a month of the ceremony date or upon arrival to the hotel will be charged a cancellation fee of $250.00 USD*.
Maximum capacity for Riu Bachata: 70 people.
External vendors are allowed if they are staying at the Hotel where the wedding will be performed or if they pay a Vendor's Fee of $200.00 USD* per person; If you hire a Photo or Video supplier not provided by the hotel take in consideration that there is a Vendor's Fee of $500.00 USD* per person
*Price subject to change without prior notice.
**Name Changes: Names in a wedding confirmation submited through a third-party person and/or travel agents are not eligible for any changes. Please contact your assigned Wedding Reservations Executive or email@example.com for assistance.
Documentation for Civil/Legal ceremony:
- Birth Certificate with the parent´s name (Long Form) (Translated into Spanish. Must be certificate by an official Judge at the Dominican Republic Consulate at your country)
- Regular Copies of Passports
- Regular Copies of 2 witnesses Passports (Relatives can not be witnesses, sister, brothers, parents, etc)
- Single declaration (Translated into Spanish. Must be Legalized by an official Judge at the Dominican Republic Consulate at your country)
- Divorce Certificates, Translated into Spanish and Legalized by an official Judge at the Dominican Republic Consulate at your country. (If applicable)
- Death Certificate, Translated into Spanish and Legalized by an official Judge at the Dominican Republic Consulate at your country. (If applicable)
- Written parental consents Notarized (Notarized Document under 18 years)
WEDO is an Agency that works with the Dominican Consulate and they legalize the documents of our customers. They have one office in Houston and Santo Domingo. You will be able to contact them at www.wedo.com.do
*Riu Hotels & Resorts is not responsible of the information shown and offered by the above website.
- The above documentation must be scanned & send by e-mail to the on site wedding coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org at least one month before your arrival date.
- Please bring all your original documents in its original language and their translations to Spanish, deliver it to the on site wedding coordinator on your personal interview.
Witnesses: For Civil Ceremonies you will need 1 witness for the Bride and 1 witness for the Groom. Relatives can not be witnesses, sister, brothers, parents, etc.
Divorce: In Dominican Republic country, men can remarried a day after they receive the Divorce Certificate. Women must wait 10 months after they received the Divorce Certificate.
IMPORTANT: If the bride or the groom own the Nationality of the country where the wedding will be performed, they need to notify this information in advance to the Sales Executive due that these type of marriages need to follow different legal requirements.
IMPORTANT: Please take in consideration that all Ceremonies (Civil, ROV & Symbolic) are performed in Spanish language by the Judge, Priest or Minister; while he/she performs his/her speech the onsite wedding coordinator will translated it to English language.
- Translation into Spanish: The required documents must be translated into Spanish by a certified translation office/bureau in your country. This process must be done before your arrival to the hotel.
- Apostille: Is a certified seal that authenticates the signature of the public official who has signed the document. An apostille certificate confirms the person who signed a document has the authority to do so and that the document should therefore be recognized as legal without further evidence in another member state of the Hague Convention. The Apostille must be required in the State where the document was made. The Foreign Offices of each state and country can provide the apostille. In fact, you should apostille the documents before arrive to the hotel.
The newlyweds will receive the Marriage Certificate within 4 to 5 months at their home as this is the time needed by the Government of Dominican Republic.
Your Marriage certificate will be issued in Spanish as you are getting married in the Dominican Republic. When you receive these documents you should translate them into English and go to your City Hall to legalize your marriage status.
*Riu Hotels & Resorts is not responsible of this legal procedure or time established by the local government.
Please verify the procedure that you'll have to follow, in order to legalize your marriage in your home country prior your trip, as sometimes an apostille it's required. If you need to Apostille your Marriage Certificate, please be advised that you'll have to cover the amount of this service before you leave the country.
*Riu Hotels & Resorts is not responsible of this legal procedure.
- Symbolic & Renewal of Vows: The couple will receive a marriage certificate without legal bearing on the wedding date.
Original Documentation for Civil Ceremony:
In Dominican Republic the Civil Registration Judge (City Hall) retain all the original documents such as birth Certificate, decree absolutes, previous marriage certificate, death certificate, divorce decree etc. as this is established by local laws in order for the Dominican Republic government have a record of the legal marriage taking place at this country.
We highly recommend you to obtain duplicate copies with your local city hall prior to travel due the original documents will not be returned to you.
*Riu Hotels & Resorts is not responsible of this legal requirement established by the local laws.