A wedding in Punta Cana is a perfect beginning for a new life together
Do you want to to get married here from?
General wedding policiesThe couple and 80% of their guests must stay at the same resort where the wedding will be performed.
Documentation (Only for civil/legal ceremonies)
- Couple must be in destination at least 3 full business days proir to ceremony. (Arrival day and Sunday does not count as a full business day)
- Birth Certificate with the parent´s name (Long Form & Translated into Spanish.) Must have an Apostille from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of your country.
- Regular copies of Passports
- Regular copies of 2 witnesses Passports (Relatives can not be witnesses, sister, brothers parents, etc.)
- Single declaration (Translated into Spanish). Must have an Apostille from the Ministry of Foreign affairs of your country.
- Divorce Certificates, Translated into Spanish and Legalized by an official Judge at the Dominican Republic Consulate at your country. (If applicable)
- Death Certificate, Translated into Spanish and Legalized by an official Judge at the Dominican Republic Consulate at your country. (If applicable)
Written parental consents Notarized (Notarized Document under 18 years)
WEDO is an agency that works the Dominican Consulate and they legalize the documents of our customers. They have one office in Houston and Santo Domingo. You will be able to contact them at www.wedo.com.do
- The above documentation must to be sent by e-mail to the Wedding Planner (email@example.com) at least one month before your arrival date.
- Please bring all your original documents in any language and their translations in spanish to the Wedding Planner at your personal interview.
For Civil Ceremonies you will need 1 witness for the Bride and 1 witness for the Groom. Relatives can not be witnesses, sister, brothers, parents, etc.
In the Dominican Republic, men can remarried a day after they receive the Divorce Certificate. Women need to wait 10 months after they received the Divorce Certificate.
We required documentation. For more information, please contact your Sales Executive at firstname.lastname@example.org so she can send you the paperwork you will need to have a Catholic wedding at RIU Hotels in Punta Cana.
If the bride or the groom own the Nationality of the country where the wedding will be performed, they need to notify this information in advance to the Sales Executive due that these type of marriages need to follow different legal requirements.
IMPORTANT: Please take in consideration that all Ceremonies (Civil & Symbolic) are perform in Spanish language by the Judge / Minister; while he performs his/her speech the onsite wedding coordinator will translated it to English.
- Spanish translation.: The required documents must be translated into Spanish by a certified translation office in your country. This process should be done prior your arrival at the hotel.
- Apostille: It is a seal that authenticates the signature of an official public server who signed the document. An Apostille certificate confirms that the person signing the document has the authority to do so, and that the document will then be recognized as legal without having to request more evidence from another member state of the Hague Convention. The apostille must be filed in the state where the document was originally issued.
Foreign offices of every state and country can provide the Apostille. In fact, all documents should be apostille before arrival at the Hotel.
Civil Weddings: The Marriage Certificate will be issued in Spanish Language. Riu Hotels & Resorts is responsible to send it to your home address by Express Mail.
We kindly ask you to verify the procedure that you will have to follow in order to legalize your marriage in your country, as sometimes an apostille is required. If you need to apostille your Marriage Certificate, please be advised that you will have to cover the amount of this service.Please bear in mind that the process to issue the wedding certificate will take from 6 to 8 months after your wedding date, this will be also be the time frame needed for you to receive the Civil/Legal Wedding Certificate at your home address.
*Couples from Switzerland, Holland and Belgium will need to follow a different procedure. If this is your case, please contact your on site coordinator in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic to get further information.
- Catholic Weddings: The Certificate will take about 6 months to be delivered at your home address.
- Symbolic Ceremonies & Renewal of Vows: The couple will receive a marriage certificate without legal bearing on the wedding day.