Holidays in Montego Bay
White Witch Golf Course Rose Hall
Contact for reservations: The contact person is any of the attendants in the golf shop at 876-684-0174 or visit: www.whitewitchgolf.com
Location: Situated on the historic 4,000 acre Rose Hall Plantation, and sited on 200 acres of lush greenery and rolling countryside. Panoramic sea, mountain and island views are offered.
Director of golf: Mike Cole, PGA Class A Member
Golf course Superintendent: Keith Stein, GCSAA Member
Travel time: Five minutes from Resort
Opened: August 25, 2000
Golf course overview:
18-hole championship golf course designed by Robert von Hagge and Rick Baril:
- 6,758 yard
- Par 71
- Fairways and Tees: Tifway 419 Bermuda Grass
- Greens: Tifdwarf Bermuda Grass
- Fully stocked Golf Shop
- Men's and Women's Locker Rooms
- The Clubhouse Restaurant
- Golf Bag Storage
Restaurant:A great place to enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner. Stop by for a cold drink after experiencing the challenging White Witch and enjoy the dramatic views of the Caribbean Sea.
Practice facility:Sharpen your golf game at our natural turf driving range that lets you enjoy the views of the Caribbean Sea while hitting balls to the target greens down below.
- 2 - 10,000 sq. ft. practice tees
- Two practice bunkers
- 11,000 square-foot putting green
Golf instruction:The following services are available through our P.G.A. Certified golf professionals:
- ½ hour and 1 hour lessons
- Clinics for any size group
- Playing 9 holes with a professional
|6,365 yards - Blue Tees||72.2||135|
|5,893 yards - White Tees||70.2||128|
|5,397 yards - Red Tees||73.2||126|
Group events: Yes
Maximum Players: 124
Open to public: Yes
Availability: Seven Days per week
- Tournament Planning
- Tournament Scoring
- Driving Range
- Club House
- Pro Shop
- Lessons Available
- Catering Available
- Club Rental
- Shoe Rental
- Ladies - Collared Shirt & Non-denim shorts or slacks
- Gentlemen - Collared Shirt & Non-denim shorts or slacks
- Unacceptable - Bathing Suits, Short Shorts, Halter Tops, Heels, Jogging Shorts, Tank Tops & T-Shirts
The White Witch Golf Course is proud to have a unique caddie program in place to enhance the round of golf. Included in every round, a caddie concierge will be assigned to each group that tees off. The caddie concierge will assist the players in many ways, including:
- Provide tips for playing the course
- Locate golf balls
- Provide accurate yardage
- Repair ball marks
- Clean golf clubs
- Rake bunkers
- Educate customers on unique aspects of the course
- Ensure the players have a wonderful on-course experience
Transportation: Shuttle service is provided from the Hotel at ½ hour intervals for Ritz-Carlton Guests.
Tee time policy: Tee Times may be reserved up to 60 days in advance for Ritz-Carlton guests and 30 days for non-Ritz-Carlton guests. For non-Ritz-Carlton guests, a credit card will be required for confirmation of Booking. Groups of twenty-four or more may book up to one year in advance.
Designer, Robert Von Hagge:
- "Like Anne Palmer, the course is gorgeous. It's alluring, it's tempting and it's absolutely distinctive. There's nothing like The White Witch in the entire Caribbean Basin---and maybe not in the world."
Co-Designer, Rick Baril:
- "The course has 18 post-card holes which will test the player's ability to keep his or her eyes on the ball. Our design philosophy calls for building a course that will thrill and excite players of all levels."
- "We also tried to create a course that will give you a different experience each time you play. We have done that at The White Witch by creating multiple tees throughout. Whereas the low handicapper might have to carry a yawning ravine to each green, there will also be tees allowing the shorter hitter to get there as well. The topography is unique, making each hole memorable and distinctive in its own right."