General wedding policies
The couple and 80% of their guests must stay at the same resort where the wedding will be performed. Only 20% of the total group can stay at another hotel chain.
Wedding guests who are not staying at the resort must purchase a Day Pass with a cost of $90.00 USD* per Adult & $45.00 USD* per kid (4 to 12 years old) plus ceremony & dinner costs.
Weddings Couple must respect the arrival date, they have to arrive at two (2) full business days in order to perform any type of ceremony in Jamaica (Not counting the arrival date, Sunday or National Holidays). Weddings are not performed on Sunday & National holidays.
Confirmed weddings canceled within a month of the ceremony date or upon arrival to the hotel will be charged a cancellation fee of $250.00 USD*.
Maximum capacity of Riu Negril: 80 people.
IMPORTANT: The resort is able to provide the services of a photographer, videographer, decorator, florist, DJ, entertainer etc. Should you decide to source these services on your own, please consider that a vendor fee of $500.00 USD* for each photographer and videographer will apply and $350.00 USD* each for all other vendors. Additionally, there will be a cost of $90.00 USD* per person for each additional person that each vendor brings.
*Prices subject to change without prior notice.
For Civil/Legal Ceremony
-Notarized copies of Birth Certificate
-Notarized copies of Valid passports or driver's license
-Notarized copies of divorce papers (if apply)
-Notarized copies of death certificate (if apply)
-Notarized documents stating name changes (if apply)
-Notarized, written parental consents (if the couple is under 21 years old)
* All The documents must be received by the hotel in English language, 60 days prior to the wedding date (Failure to meet this requirement the legal wedding can not take place)
For Renewal of Vows
These ceremonies are a blessing, however, in Jamaica, you need to send us a photocopy of the Marriage Certificate at least 45 days prior the ceremony.
Please send the documents as follows:
Attention to: MICE DEPARTMENT
Clubhotel Riu Negril
Norman Manley Boulevard
Bloody Bay Beach Negril
For a Symbolic Ceremony is mandatory for the Couple to sign a disclaimer so they are aware about this Ceremony will not be legally recognized, in order to obtain the disclaimer please contact your Weddings Reservations Executive at: email@example.com
- Civil Marriage Certificate: The marriage certificate will be issued in English Language and will be send to the couple from two to four months after the wedding date. We suggest, that once you have received the Original Marriage Certificate you should take it to your City Hall or Registry's Office to let your government know about your legal status.
- Important: As each country has specific requirements, we recommend you to contact your respective Embassy or Consulate prior your travel in order to get the complete information regarding the procedure that you have to follow in order to legalize your Marriage Certificate in your country due sometimes an apostille it's required. If you need your marriage certificate with an apostille, please note that you will need to cover the amount for this service prior to your departure. * Riu Hotels and Resorts is not responsible of this legal procedure.
- Renewal of Vows Certificate: The couple will receive a symbolic marriage certificate without international legal value on the wedding day.
Renewal of vows document is legally recognized in Jamaica.
- Important: All weddings at Riu properties in Jamaica are subject to mandatory payment of Judge/Minister and documentation fees which is established by the local government, this payment will be made at the reception of the Riu Hotel where the wedding will be performed, this applies even if you're traveling with a Minister of your own, as this is established by law in Jamaica. All Riu wedding packages prices are pre-established therefore can not be modified or waived.