-    See map


Leave behind the headaches of churches and pastors when you plan your wedding in Jamaica.

Do you want to to get married here from?

Yes, I do!

General Wedding Policies

The couple and 80% of their guests must stay at the same resort where the wedding will be performed. Only 20% of the total group can stay at another hotel chain. 
Wedding guests who are not staying at the resort must purchase a Day Pass. The cost of day passes ranges between $75.00 and $100.00 USD. *Prices subject to change.

Weddings Couple must respect the arrival date, they have to arrive at two (2) full business days in order to perform any type of ceremony in Jamaica (Not counting the arrival date, Sunday or National Holidays). Weddings are not performed on Sunday & National holidays.

Confirmed weddings cancelled within a month of the ceremony date or upon arrival to the hotel will be charged a cancellation fee of $250.00 USD. 

Maximum capacity of the Riu Palace Tropical Bay: 80 people

External vendors are allowed if they are staying at the Hotel where the wedding will be performed or if they pay a Vendor's Fee of $350.00 USD per person.



The following documents must be sent to Jamaica, in English, at least 45 days prior to the ceremony:

-Notarized copies of Birth Certificate
-Notarized copies of Valid passports or driver's license. 
-Notarized copies of divorce papers (if apply)
-Notarized copies of death certificate (if apply)
-Notarized documents stating name changes (if apply)
-Notarized, written parental consents (if couple is under 21 years old)


These ceremonies are a blessing, however, in Jamaica, you need to send us a photocopy of the Marriage Certificate at least 45 days prior the ceremony.

Please send the documents as follows:



Hotel Riu Palace Tropical Bay
Norman Manley Blvd
Negril, Hanover
Jamaica, West Indies


    Marriage certificate

    • For Civil & Religious Ceremonies::

      The marriage certificate will be issued in English and sent to the couple between two and four months after the wedding date.

      We suggest that once you have received the Original Marriage Certificate you should take it to your City Hall or Registry´s Office to let your government know your legal status.

    • Important: Please verify the procedure to follow in order to legalize your marriage in your home country, due  sometimes an apostille it's required.  If you need your marriage certificate with apostille, please note that you will need to cover the amount for this service prior to your departure.* Riu Hotels and Resorts is not responsible for this legal procedure.
    • For Renewal of Vows: : The couple will receive a marriage certificate without legal bearing on the wedding day.
    • Important: All weddings at Riu properties in Jamaica are subject to mandatory payment of Judge/Minister and documentation fees which is established by the local government, this payment will be made at the reception of the Riu Hotel where the wedding will be performed, this applies even if you're traveling with a Minister of your own, as this is established by law in Jamaica. All Riu wedding packages prices are pre-established therefore can not be modified or waived.


    If you're staying at Riu Palace Tropical Bay, Negril from May 1st to December 23rd 2015 you entitle to apply for the Free Package!

    Please request more information by email at: weddings@riu.com 

      Do you want to to get married here from ?

      Yes, I do!

      Discover our destinations

      Recommendations, photos and maps to help you choose