Make the most important day of your life an unforgettable event
Do you want to to get married here from?
General wedding policiesThe couple and 80% of their guests must stay at the same resort where the wedding will be performed. Guests staying in other hotels must purchase a day pass to attend the ceremony and dinner reception.
Documentation (Only for Civil/Legal Ceremonies)
- Couples's and 4 witnesses passports photocopies.
- Couples's and 4 witnesses tourist cards photocopies this is provided at your arrival to Mexico.
- Blood Test (It can be done only at the resort)
- Couple under 18 years parents must be witnesses.
- Divorce Decree (Regular Copy)
- Death Certificate of previous partner (Not needed)
* * * Please notice that we require 4 witnesses that must have at least 18 years old. They will have to arrive three (3) full business days prior the ceremony as well as the couple * * *
- All documents must present the same name or have a legal document that states that the name has been changed.
- Last names must match with the parent's last name.
- The couple have to bring all the documents upon arrival to the on site wedding coordinator. The couple do not have to send any documentation in advance.
- Blood Tests: Are required for legal weddings in Mexico. HIV, syphilis, gonorrhea, herpes and all the STD´s are tested. Tests must be performed in Mexico by a certified doctor (for the medical certificate).
Your MICE Manager will arrange the doctor appointment in your hotel room. It is very important to mention that If one of the tests cames back positive the ceremony cannot be performed.
IMPORTANT: If the bride or the groom own the Nationality of the country where the wedding will be performed, they need to notify this information in advance to the Sales Executive due that these type of marriages need to follow different legal requirements.
- Apostille: Is a certified seal that authenticates the signature of the public official who has signed the document. An apostille certificate confirms the person who signed a document has the authority to do so and that the document should therefore be recognized as legal without further evidence in another member state of the Hague Convention. The Apostille must be required in the State where the document was made. The Foreign Offices of each state and country can provide the apostille. In fact, you should apostille the documents before arrive to the hotel.
- Translation into Spanish: The required documents must be translated into Spanish by a certified translation office/bureau in Mexico country. This process must be done at your arrival to the hotel; please take in consideration that original documents must be present with an apostille and there are extra charges that must be cover by the couple for translations.
- For Civil weddings: The new couple will receive a copy of the marriage license and the original will be sent within 5 to 6 months to your home. (Please note that the Mexican Government can take longer to send these documents). When you receive these documents in Spanish, you should translate them into English and go to your city Hall to legalize the marriage.
- Important: IMPORTANT: We kindly ask you to verify the procedure that you will have to follow in order to legalize your
marriage in your country, as sometimes an apostille is required. If you need to Apostille your Marriage Certificate, please be advised that you will have to cover the amount of this service.
- For the Religious ceremonies or Renewal of Vows: The couple will receive a marriage certificate without legal bearing on the wedding day.