General wedding Policies
The couple and 80% of their guests must stay at the same Riu Hotel where the wedding will be performed. Only 20% of the total group can stay at another hotel chain.
For weddings at Riu Palace Pacifico, guests staying in a sister hotel of lower category will have to purchase a day pass that cost $80.00 USD per person.
Guests staying in other hotels will have to purchase a regular day pass of $100.00 USD per person. *Prices are subject to change without prior notice.
Couples must respect the arrival date, they have to arrive at least two (2) full business days for a symbolic ceremony and three (3) full business days for a civil ceremony, prior the wedding date (not counting weekends, National Holidays and the arrival day).
Weddings are not performed on Sundays & National holidays.
Confirmed weddings cancelled within a month of the ceremony date or upon arrival to the hotel will be charged a cancellation fee of $250.00 USD.
Maximum capacity of the Riu Palace Pacífico: 100 people.
Outside Vendors are allowed to work in Riu Resorts paying a vendors fee of $300.00 USD. If the external provider is not Mexican she/he must have a proper work VISA.
Documentation (Only for Civil/Legal Ceremonies)
- Couple's Birth Certificates (Notarized Copies and Translated into Spanish)
- Couple's and 4 Witnesses Passports (Photocopies)
- Couple's and 4 Witnesses Tourist Cards (Photocopies)
- Divorce Decree, if apply (Notarized Copy and Translated into Spanish)
- Death Certificate of previous partner, if apply (Notarized Copy and translated into Spanish)
- Blood test, Included in the wedding package (It must be done at the resort).
- Written parental consents for people under 18 years old (Notarized Copy and Translated into Spanish).
- All documents need to be at the hotel at least 15 days prior to the wedding date. Please post the documents to the following address:
Avenida de los Cocoteros S/N, Lote K
Condominios Flamingos N, Bahia de Banderas
63732 Nuevo Vallarta
In attention to Couples's name & wedding date.IMPORTANT:
Translations must be done by an official company located in the Nayarit State, Mexico. This governmental requirement has an extra charge (approximately $45.00 USD per page). *Price is subject to change without prior notice.
NATIONALITY: If the bride or the groom own the Nationality of the country where the wedding will be performed, they need to notify this information in advance to the Wedding Sales Executive due that these type of marriages need to follow different legal requirements.
- Medical Analysis: For a civil wedding in Mexico it's legally required to perform certain medical tests, in case that the tests are not satisfactory, unfortunately we can not perform the ceremony. We will arrange an appointment with the doctor at your room so you can perform this legal procedure in Mexico.
- For Civil weddings: The new couple will receive a copy of the marriage license and the original will be sent within 5 to 6 months to your home. (Please note that the Mexican Government can take longer to send these documents). When you receive these documents you should translate them into English and go to your city Hall to legalize the marriage.
- Important: We reccomend you to verify the procedure that you will have to follow in order to legalize your marriage certificate in your home country, as sometimes an apostille is required. If you need to Apostille for your Marriage Certificate, please be advised that you will have to cover the amount of this service. Riu Hotels & Resorts is not responsible for this legal procedure
- Symbolic Ceremonies or Renewal of Vows: The couple will receive a marriage certificate without legal bearing on the wedding day.
- Important: For couples traveling from Canada, please take into consideration that flights to the Pacific area in Mexico normally arrive on Thursday only, therefore if you wish to perform your wedding on a Saturday, the day of arrival for a Civil/ Legal ceremony must be Tuesday, three full business days (3) or Wednesday, two (2) full business days to perform a symbolic wedding on Saturday, bear in mind that no exceptions are allowed.