- Capital: Palma de Mallorca
- Time zone: GMT (Greenwich Meridian Time +1 from last march sunday until last october sunday)
- Currency: EURO (€)
- Oficial language: Catalan/Spanish - English/German/French/Portuguese/Italian on the touristic areas.
- Electricity: 220 volts AC, 50Hz, two holes continental plug.
- Average summer temperature: 25ºC - 31ºC
- Average winter temperature: 5ºC - 15ºC
- Telephone companies: Movistar, Vodafone, Orange, etc.
- Credit cards: Visa, MasterCard... (ask your credit card provider for more information)
- Recommended: Always carry identification (ID) and your passport. In case of theft you must report it to the police station and ask the for new ID at the Consulate.
- Airport: If you are a citizen of the countries included in the Schengen Agreement, just bring your ID. If you are from the countries included in the Schengen Agreement, to travel to Palma de Mallorca by air must carry your passport to land or make the shipment.
- Driving license: valid in case of living in Europe or at least an International Driver License. 18 years age is needed for to drive, and is needed 21 years age to rent a car. In many cases you must present a credit card as safe.
- Visa: is required to be filed if you are a citizen of one of the countries that appear on the list of countries subject to visa requirements. You can check this list at the link below.
- Health: It is recommended to travel with the European Health Card. In case of non dispose of it, is recommended to purchase travel health insurance.
Health Information and Security
- Major diseases: None
- Compulsory vaccinations: None
- Recommended vaccinations: None
- Dangerous areas: None
- Water: Water is potable, but to drink bottled water is preferable
Useful telephone numbers
- International code: 00 34(...)
- Palma de Mallorca Airport – Son Sant Joan: 971 789 000
- Emergency number: 112
- Central police station: 971 22 55 00
- Son Dureta hospital: 971 17 50 00
- Sant Joan de Deu hospital: 971 26 58 54
- Son Espases Hospital: 871 20 50 00
- Manacor hospital: 971 84 70 00
- Inca hospital: 971 888 500
Monday to Friday 09:00 - 20:30, Saturday 09:30 – 13:00. There are 24 hour open drugstores.
The only commercial airport is in Palma de Mallorca – Son Sant Joan (PMI)
Embassy and Consulates
You will find it on this link