Beaches in Mallorca
No need to travel far away to find paradise, Mallorca has places and beaches unique in the world. Surrounded by the Mediterranean, its waters are warm, clear, and the weather is nice. If you are looking for sunbaths, enjoy the golden sand and the different water sports available, we suggest some beaches to make your holidays perfect.
Beaches for relaxing holidays
- Formentor beach: was named the most charming beach of the island. Crystal clear waters, white sand and perfect weather, this place is quite known because it was featured in one of the famous Agatha Christie's novels.
- Palma Nova beach: although the beach area is very touristic, it's been managed to mix the tranquility of a small beach with the modernity of the locality of Palma Nova. Ideal to go with children and enjoy the sun.
- Alcudia beach: the beaches of northern Majorca have a natural charm. It is particularly visited by tourists looking to relax and find a peacefull place to read and swim. The waves are not heavy, and you will find some bars and shops to visit.
- Portal Nous beach: the area of Portal Nous is considered an exclusive zone. Brands shops, jewelry stores, huge houses and prestigious restaurants, a nice walk you can enjoy day or night.
- Calas de Mallorca: they are small coves, a little paradise on earth. Turquoise waters and views of the Mediterranean that make you appreciate every minute of your vacation. You could find there some businesses that rent equipment for water sports, as well as romantic boat trips.
- Cala Mayor: this beautiful cove is a busy area of Mallorca. Very close to Palma, is certainly one of the most appreciated by tourists.
- Magalluf beach: Magaluf area offers a full range of possibilities: nightlife, activities, water sports and more. This makes it ideal for groups, families and couples looking to spend a day full of fun and sun.
The best beaches for sports
- Playa de Palma: in the area near Palma, Ca'n Pastilla and S'Arenal are often organized sporting events, competitions and water sports tournaments. You can rent the equipment needed for practice, or just enjoy the large sandy area for sunbathing.
- Es Trenc beach: This long, unspoiled beach is highly appreciated by its visitors, and has a few distinct areas, one is for nudists, and another for the rest, but you can enjoy comfortably on both sides. Its clear and very quiet waters are ideal for swimming and enjoy a perfect beach day.
- Cala Agulla: no doubt, the charm of this beach is the quality of its waters and the environment that surrounds it. Is a quiet area, away from the bustle of cities, and ideal for swimming with the whole family. It is also one of the most appreciated by surfers and wind surfers, thanks to a moderate but steady swell.
Beaches with charm in Mallorca
- Pollença beaches: deep water, spectacular cliffs, mediterranean coast in its purest, and landscapes that take the breath to any tourist who visits them. They are ideal for fishing, diving or sailing.
- Cala Millor: one of the most popular beaches is Cala Millor. It has a long stretch of sand that still preserves all its beauty. The tourist area offers shopping, restaurants and bars.
- Illetes: A beautiful beach located in a prestigious tourist zone. This is a perfect place to enjoy the scenery and its clean fresh waters, whether you go with family or prefer to practice your favorite water sports.
- Sa Coma beach: Sa Coma area offers a wide beach of white sand and calm waters, ideal for children. You can practice sports like tennis, jet skiing and more. A busy day is waiting for you!
- Puerto de Sóller: Enjoy a leisurely stroll through the port of Soller, a beautiful landscape, a perfect beach to spend the day with family, eat at one of its many restaurants, or just sit and drink a glass of wine watching the sunset. It is certainly a great way to spend a vacation day.
- Sa Calobra beach: Although reach this beach requires a bit more drive, is well worth discovering what is hidden among the hills. Is a small pebbles cove, situated at the mouth of a stream that descends from the mountains through a gorge, with towering cliffs and rugged and spectacular landscapes. It is an unforgettable visit, and one of the best known of the island.