Type of Ceremonies
At Riu Santa Fe 3 different types of ceremonies are held: Symbolic, Renewal of Vows and Civil*. *Civil weddings available with additional cost.
- Civil ceremonies: The wedding couple will receive a legal marriage certificate in Spanish Language. If you need additional copies of the marriage certificate please inform to the onsite wedding coordinator during your interview.
Civil weddings are legally recognized in the country where the wedding was performed. As each country has specific requirements, we highly recommend you contact your respective Embassy or Consulate to get the complete information of the procedure that you will have to follow with the purpose of legalize your Marriage Certificate in your country since sometimes an apostille is required.
*Riu Hotels and Resorts is not responsible for this legal procedure.
- Symbolic & Renewal of Vows Ceremonies: No paper work is required. After the ceremony, wedding couple will receive a symbolic certificate.
- Important: For symbolic and renewal of vows ceremonies, please consider that if you cancel the minister service within 60 business days before your wedding date there will be a charge as cancellation fee of $ 250.00 USD which must be paid at front desk upon arrival.
Riu Hotels & Resorts prides itself on the reliability of our properties which always welcome cultural diversity, please note that our Riu properties in Mexico perform symbolic same-sex weddings.
In order to apply for a renewal of vows ceremony is a must to send a photocopy from the legal marriage certificate of your home country.
Couples are allowed to bring their own Minister if he/she is part of the wedding group. They must advise of this at least a 60 days before the ceremony date in order to avoid penalizations. $250.00 USD modification penalty charge. Once the wedding couple is in contact via email with the Minister provide by Riu Hotels & Resorts and in the event that decide to cancel his services a penalty of $250.00 USD will apply.
- All of our resorts offer different locations to hold the wedding ceremony. You may choose: *Due to Covid-19 pandemic our maximum capacities to host events have been affected, please check with our Wedding Desk to see the current allowance for the resort of your choice.
- • Gazebo: Capacité maximum 100 personnes
- • *Beach - (*location subject to change due to weather conditions or groundswell): Capacité maximum 100 personnes