Type of Ceremonies
At Riu Dunamar 3 different types of ceremonies are held: Symbolic, Renewal of Vows and Civil*. *Civil weddings available with additional cost.
- Civil Ceremonies: Are performed by a Judge and are legally recognized. Paperwork as well as blood tests are required (HIV, syphilis, gonorrhea and all STD's are tested). The newlyweds will receive a legal marriage certificate in Spanish Language.
- Importante: Civil weddings are legally recognized in the country where the wedding was performed. As each country has specific requirements, we highly recommend you contact your respective Embassy or Consulate to get the complete information of the procedure that you will have to follow with the purpose of legalize your Marriage Certificate in your country. *Riu Hotels and Resorts is not responsible for this legal procedure.
- Symbolic and Renewal of vows Ceremonies: Are Blessing Ceremonies performed by a Non-denominational Minister and are not legally recognized. No paper work, blood tests and witnesses are required. After the ceremony, wedding couple will receive a symbolic marriage certificate.
- Importante: Riu Hotels & Resorts prides itself on the reliability of our properties which always welcome cultural diversity, please note that our Riu properties in Costa Mujeres perform symbolic and civil same-sex weddings.
In order to apply for a renewal of vows ceremony is necessary that you send a scanned copy from the legal marriage certificate of your home country.
- All of our resorts offer different locations to hold the wedding ceremony. You may choose from: *Due to Covid-19 pandemic our maximum capacities to host events have been affected, please check with our Wedding Desk to see the current allowance for the resort of your choice.
- • Garden: Capacità massima 100 Persone (*subject to change due to weather conditions)
- • Beach: Capacità massima 100 Persone (*subject to change due to weather & tide conditions)