Type of Ceremonies
At Riu Playa Blanca 3 different types of ceremonies are held: Symbolic, Renewal of Vows and Civil*. *Civil weddings available with additional cost.
- Civil Ceremonies
: They are carried out by a Judge and are legally recognized. The newlyweds will receive a legal Marriage Certificate in Spanish language from 6 to 8 months at their home after the wedding.
- Belangrijk: Civil weddings are legally recognized in the country where the wedding takes place. As each country has specific requirements, we recommend that you contact your respective embassy or consulate to obtain complete information on the procedure to follow to legalize your marriage certificate in your country. *Riu Hotels and Resorts is not responsible for this legal procedure.
Civil (Legal) Weddings are not held on Weekends or Holidays throughout the year, option available only from Monday to Friday.
- Symbolic Ceremonies & Renewal of Vows
: They are blessings made by a minister and have no legal validity.
- Belangrijk: Riu Hotels & Resorts prides itself on the reliability of our properties and therefore always welcomes cultural diversity, please note that our Riu property in Panama performs symbolic same-sex weddings.
In order to apply for a vow renewal, it is essential to send a photocopy of the legal marriage certificate from your country of origin.
- At Riu Playa Blanca we offer:
- • Beach: Max. capaciteit 60 Personen