Type of Ceremonies
At Riu Palace Paradise Island 2 different types of ceremonies are held: Renewal of Vows and Civil*. *Civil weddings available with additional cost.
- Renewal of vows Ceremonies: Are performed by a minister, the renewal of vows is not legally binding however it's legally recognized in Bahamas; wedding couple must present their legal marriage certificate to the minister on the wedding day in order to perform this ceremony.
- Важно: In order for apply for a renewal of vows ceremony is a must to send your legal marriage certificate scanned to the on site coordinator 45 days prior the wedding date.
- Civil Ceremonies: Are performed by a Judge and are legally recognized in Bahamas. The couple is free to choose if they require God to be mentioned during the wedding speech or no reference of God to be made. The newlyweds will receive a legal marriage certificate.
- Важно: Civil weddings are legally recognized in the country where the wedding was performed. As each country has specific requirements, we highly recommend you contact your respective Embassy or Consulate to get the complete information of the procedure that you will have to follow with the purpose of legalize your Marriage Certificate in your country. *Riu Hotels and Resorts is not responsible for this legal procedure.
At our Riu Weddings Request on line system for Bahamas; three types of Ceremonies are shown by default since our other destinations offers Symbolic, in Bahamas only Civil & Renewal of Vows ceremonies are offered by law; if you select Symbolic option no matter which date you select in Bahamas you'll receive a no availability notice.
- All of our resorts offer different locations to hold the wedding ceremony. At Riu Palace Paradise Island you may choose from: *Due to Covid-19 pandemic our maximum capacities to host events have been affected, please check with our Wedding Desk to see the current allowance for the resort of your choice.
- • Beach: Максимальная вместимость 45 Человек