Type of Ceremonies
At Riu Palace Antillas 3 different types of ceremonies are held: Symbolic, Renewal of Vows and Civil*. *Civil weddings available with additional cost.
- Civil Ceremonies: Are performed by a Judge and are legally recognized. After the ceremony, the couple will receive a declaration of marriage translated into english; this translation is not legally recognized for international purposes. The civil ceremony will be performed at the City Hall on a weekday (Monday to Friday), only in the morning (10:00 a.m. or 11:00 a.m.) and includes a Symbolic ceremony at the Hotel on the same day, in the afternoon (5:00 pm or 6:00 pm). Ground transportation to the City Hall is included only for the Bride & Groom (round trip).
- 重要: Civil weddings are legally recognized in the country where the wedding was performed. As each country has specific requirements, we highly recommend you contact your respective Embassy or Consulate to get the complete information of the procedure that you will have to follow with the purpose of legalize your Marriage Certificate in your country. *Riu Hotels and Resorts is not responsible for this legal procedure.
- Symbolic & Renewal of vows ceremonies: Are performed by a Non-denominational Minister and it is not legally recognized. Couple must be already married. This type of ceremony can be perform at the beach.
- 重要: Riu Hotels & Resorts prides itself on the reliability of our properties which always welcome cultural diversity, please note that our Riu properties in Aruba perform symbolic same-sex weddings.
In order to apply for a symbolic or renewal of vows ceremony is a must to send a photocopy from the legal marriage certificate of your home country.
- At Riu Palace Antillas you may choose from: *Due to Covid-19 pandemic our maximum capacities to host events have been affected, please check with our Wedding Desk to see the current allowance for the resort of your choice.
- • Beach: 最多容纳人数 150 人 For ceremonies on the beach; local laws in Aruba require to present a photocopy of the legal marriage certificate from the wedding couple, this means that the wedding couple must be legally married before to perform a symbolic ceremony.