leave to us the special task to make your dream come true!
Do you want to to get married here from?
General wedding policiesThe couple and 80% of their guests must stay at the same Riu Hotel where the wedding will be performed.
Only 20% of the total group can stay at another hotel chain.
Guests staying in other hotels must purchase a day pass to attend the ceremony and dinner reception.
For weddings at Riu Yucatán guests staying at a sister hotel do not have to pay a day pass.
If wedding guests for a ceremony to be perform at Riu Yucatán are not staying at a sister hotel, they will have to pay a day pass of $65.00 USD per person. *Prices are subject to change without prior notice.
Couples must respect the arrival date, they have to arrive at least two (2) full business days for symbolic/religious ceremony and three (3) full business days for a civil ceremony, prior the wedding date (not counting weekends, National Holidays and the arrival day).
Weddings are not performed on Sundays & National holidays.
Confirmed weddings cancelled within a month of the ceremony date or upon arrival to the hotel will be charged a cancellation fee of $250.00 USD.
Maximum capacity of Riu Yucatán: 80 persons.
External vendors are allowed if they are staying at the Hotel where the wedding will be performed or if they pay a Vendor's Fee of $250.00 USD per person.
Documentation (Only for Civil/legal Ceremonies)
- Regular Copies of Passports (Bride, Groom and 4 witnesses)
- Regular Copies of Tourist Cards, provided at your arrival to Mexico (Bride, Groom and 4 witnesses)
- Blood Test (It can be done only at the resort)
- Couple under 18 years parents must be witnesses.
- Divorce Decree (Regular Copy)
- Death Certificate of previous partner (Not needed)
* * * Please notice that we require 4 witnesses that must have at least 18 years old. They would have to arrive three full business days prior the ceremony as well as the couple * * *
- All documents must present the same names or have a legal document that states that the name has been changed.
- Last names must match with the parent's last name.
- The couple have to bring all the documents upon arrival to the on site wedding coordinator. The couple do not have to send anything in advance.
- Translation into Spanish: The required documents must be translated into Spanish by a certified translation office/bureau in your country. This process must be done before your arrival to the hotel.
- Apostille: Is a certified seal that authenticates the signature of the public official who has signed the document. An apostille certificate confirms the person who signed a document has the authority to do so and that the document should therefore be recognized as legal without further evidence in another member state of the Hague Convention. The Apostille must be required in the State where the document was made. The Foreign Offices of each state and country can provide the apostille. In fact, you should apostille the documents before arrive to the hotel.
- Blood Tests: Are required for legal weddings in Mexico. HIV, syphilis, gonorrhea, herpes and all the STD´s are tested. Tests must be performed in Mexico by a certified doctor (for the medical certificate). Your MICE Manager will arrange the doctor appointment in your hotel room. It is very important to mention that If one of the tests cames back positive the ceremony cannot be performed.
- For Civil & Religious weddings: The Marriage Certificate will be sent to the couple three to four months after the wedding.Once you receive it, we suggest you take it to your Government’s City Hall to update your civil status.
- Important: As each country has specific requirements, we would recommend you to contact your respective Embassy or Consulate in order to get the complete information regarding the procedure that you have to follow in order to legalize your Marriage Certificate in your country. * Riu Hotels and Resorts is not responsible of this legal procedure.
- For Symbolic weddings & Renewal of Vows: The couple will receive a marriage certificate without legal bearing on the wedding date.