10 interesting facts about Morocco which make it an irresistible destinationdate_range 24 January, 2017 question_answer 2 Comments
Morocco is not just a unique destination with incredible scenery and flavorful cuisine. Apart from the hospitality of the Moroccan people, the adventures you will have, the pleasure of enjoying the peacefulness of an African country, the opportunity to enhance your knowledge of a unique culture… Apart from all of this, Morocco will offer you much more. We here at RIU will tell you 10 interesting facts about Morocco.
2. Morocco is the top tourist destination in all of Africa. Each year it receives more than 10 million tourists.
4. We all know that the largest film set in the world is in Hollywood. However, what you might not have known is that the second largest is in Morocco. Films that have been shot here include Prince of Persia, Sahara and The Mummy.
5. Did you know that the Sahara desert is the largest and warmest on the planet?
6. The blue houses of Chaouen are famous for their striking colour. Do you know why they are blue? Jewish refugees painted them this colour because they believed it kept the mosquitoes away.
7. The quality of Moroccan dates is excellent and that is why they are exported all over the world. More than 90,000 tons are exported each year.
8. If you are invited into a Moroccan home, don’t forget to take off your shoes. Don’t be surprised if you don’t see statues or paintings on the walls, this is customary in the homes of religious Moroccans.
9. Green tea is the most popular drink in the country. Some people drink tea at all hours since it is a sign of hospitality. One piece of advice: if you are offered tea, never refuse.
10. If there is one thing in Morocco, it’s palaces. One which is a must-see is the Villa Majorelle, a jewel of a palace built 90 years ago by the French painter Jacques Majorelle and later bought by the designer Yves Saint Laurent.
You will find all this and much more in Morocco. Here is a list of our hotels in this beautiful country: in Agadir and Marrakesh. Discover them!
- Riu Tikida Garden
- ClubHotel Riu Tikida Dunas
- ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie
- Riu Palace Tikida Agadir
Riu Tikida Beach