General wedding policies
The couple and 80% of their guests must stay at the same Riu Hotel where the wedding will be performed. Only 20% of the total group can stay at another hotel chain, wedding couple must purchase a established wedding package.
For weddings at Riu Palace Las Americas guests staying at Riu Palace Peninsula will be able to attend the wedding and semi private dinner reception without extra charge.
Guests staying in other hotels will have to pay a day pass per person.
Couples must respect the arrival date, they have to arrive at least two (2) full business days for a symbolic ceremony and three (3) full business days for a civil ceremony, prior the wedding date (not counting weekends, National Holidays and the arrival day).
Weddings are not performed on Sundays & National holidays.
Confirmed weddings cancelled within a month of the ceremony date or upon arrival to the hotel will be charged a cancellation fee of $250.00 USD.
Maximum capacity of the Riu Palace Las Americas: 50 persons.
External vendors are allowed, if they are staying at the Hotel where the wedding will be performed or if they pay a Vendor's Fee of $250.00 USD per person.
Documentation (only for civil/legal ceremonies)
- Valid Couple's Passports and of the 4 Witnesses (Regular Copies)
- Couple's Tourist Cards and of the 4 witnesses (Regular Copies)
- Divorce Decree, if apply (Regular Copies)
- Death Certificate of previous partner (Original, Apostilled and translated into Spanish, if apply)
- Blood Test, included in the wedding package (It can only be done at the resort)
- Written parental consents for people under 18 years old (Original, Apostilled and translated into Spanish, if apply).
- For Civil weddings: The marriage certificate will be given to the couple at the end of the Ceremony in Spanish. If you require a copy of your marriage certificate please inform your onsite wedding coordinator during your interview.
- Important: We kindly ask you to verify the procedure that you will have to follow in order to legalize your marriage in your country, as sometimes an apostille is required. If you need to Apostille your Marriage Certificate, please be advised that you will have to cover the amount of this service. * Riu Hotels & Resorts is not responsible for this legal procedure.
- Symbolic Ceremonies or Renewal of Vows: The couple will receive a symbolic marriage certificate without legal bearing on the wedding day.