A romantic wedding in the Caribbean, an unbeatable Palace.
Do you want to to get married here from?
General Wedding Policies.The couple and 80% of their guests must stay at the same Riu Hotel where the wedding will be performed. Only 20% of the total group can stay at another hotel chain, wedding couple must purchase a established wedding package.
For weddings at Riu Palace Peninsula guests staying at Riu Palace Las Americas will be able to attend the wedding and semi private dinner reception without extra charge. Guests staying in other hotels will have to pay a day pass per person.
Couples must respect the arrival date, they have to arrive at least two (2) full business days for symbolic/religious ceremony and three (3) full business days for a civil ceremony, prior the wedding date (not counting weekends, National Holidays and the arrival day).
Weddings are not performed on Sundays & National holidays.
Confirmed weddings cancelled within a month of the ceremony date or upon arrival to the hotel will be charged a cancellation fee of $250.00 USD.
Maximum capacity of the Riu Palace Peninsula: 50 persons.
Riu Palace Peninsula holds only one private event per day based on the request of the same, please note that if on the wedding date of you choose, if there is a private event scheduled, the second or subsequent event will be semi-private at the specialty restaurant. (Subject to availability)
External vendors are allowed, if they are staying at the Hotel where the wedding will be performed or if they pay a Vendor's Fee of $250.00 USD per person.
Documentation (Civil ceremonies / legal only)
- Couple's Birth certificate (original, apostilled and translated into Spanish)
- Couple's Passports and of the 4 witnesses (photocopies)
- Couple's Tourist Card and from the 4 witnesses (photocopies)
- Divorce decree, if apply (Original, apostilled and translated into Spanish)
- Death Certificate of previous partner if apply (original, apostilled and translated into Spanish)
- Blood tests included in the wedding package (This is done only at the hotel)
- Parental consent in writing only for couples under 18 years old (original, Apostilled and translated into Spanish)
- Spanish translation.: The required documents must be translated into Spanish by a certified translation office in your country. This process should be done prior your arrival at the hotel.
- Apostille: It is a seal that authenticates the signature of an official public server who signed the document. An Apostille certificate confirms that the person signing the document has the authority to do so, and that the document will then be recognized as legal without having to request more evidence from another member state of the Hague Convention. The apostille must be filed in the state where the document was originally issued.
Foreign offices of every state and country can provide the Apostille. In fact, all documents should be apostille before arrival at the Hotel.
- Blood test: They are required for legal weddings in Mexico. HIV, syphilis, gonorrhea, herpes and all kinds of STDs (sexually transmitted diseases). The analysis must be made in Mexico by a certified doctor. The onsite wedding coordinator will schedule the doctor's appointment in your hotel room. It's very important to clarify that if you test results positive; the civil ceremony can not be performed.
If the couple owns the nationality of the country where the wedding will be preformed, they need to provide this information in advance to the weddings sales executive, due this type of ceremony have different legal requirements.
- For Civil weddings: The marriage certificate will be given to the couple at the end of the Ceremony in Spanish. If you require a copy of your marriage certificate please inform your MICE Manager during your interview.
- Important: We kindly ask you to verify the procedure that you will have to follow in order to legalize your marriage in your country, as sometimes an apostille is required. If you need to Apostille your Marriage Certificate, please be advised that you will have to cover the amount of this service. * Riu Hotels & Resorts is not responsible for this legal procedure.
- For the Religious ceremonies or Renewal of Vows: The couple will receive a marriage certificate without legal bearing on the wedding day.