General Wedding Policies.
The couple and 80% of their guests must stay at the same Riu Hotel where the wedding will be performed. Only 20% of the total group can stay at another hotel chain, wedding couple must purchase a established wedding package.
For weddings at Riu Palace Peninsula guests staying at Riu Palace Las Americas will be able to attend the wedding and semi private dinner reception without extra charge. Guests staying in other hotels will have to pay a day pass per person.
Couples must respect the arrival date, they have to arrive at least two (2) full business days for a symbolic ceremony and three (3) full business days for a civil ceremony, prior the wedding date (not counting weekends, National Holidays and the arrival day).
Weddings are not performed on Sundays & National holidays.
Confirmed weddings cancelled within a month of the ceremony date or upon arrival to the hotel will be charged a cancellation fee of $250.00 USD.
Maximum capacity of the Riu Palace Peninsula: 80 persons.
Riu Palace Peninsula holds only one private event per day based on the request of the same, please note that if on the wedding date of you choose, if there is a private event scheduled, the second or subsequent event will be semi-private at the specialty restaurant. (Subject to availability)
External vendors are allowed, if they are staying at the Hotel where the wedding will be performed or if they pay a Vendor's Fee of $250.00 USD per person.
**Name Changes: Names in a wedding confirmation submited through a third-party person and/or travel agents are not eligible for any changes. Please contact your assigned Wedding Reservations Executive or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Documentation (Civil ceremonies / legal only)
- Couple's Birth certificate (original, apostilled and translated into Spanish)
- Couple's Passports and of the 4 witnesses (photocopies)
- Couple's Tourist Card and from the 4 witnesses (photocopies)
- Divorce decree, if apply (Original, apostilled and translated into Spanish)
- Death Certificate of previous partner if apply (original, apostilled and translated into Spanish)
- Blood tests included in the wedding package (This is done only at the hotel)
- Parental consent in writing only for couples under 18 years old (original, Apostilled and translated into Spanish)
- Spanish translation.:
Documents only need to be apostilled and translated if the bride and groom want their parents’ names on the certificate.
The required documents must be translated into Spanish by a certified translation office/bureau in your country. This process must be done before your arrival to the hotel.
- Apostille: It is a seal that authenticates the signature of an official public server who signed the document. An Apostille certificate confirms that the person signing the document has the authority to do so, and that the document will then be recognized as legal without having to request more evidence from another member state of the Hague Convention. The apostille must be filed in the state where the document was originally issued.
Foreign offices of every state and country can provide the Apostille.
Documents only need to be apostilled and translated if the bride and groom want their parents’ names on the certificate. This process must be done before your arrival to the hotel.
- Medical Analysis: For a civil wedding in Mexico it's legally required to perform certain medical tests, in case that the tests are not satisfactory, unfortunately we can not perform the ceremony. We will arrange an appointment with the doctor at your room so you can perform this legal procedure in Mexico.
- For Civil weddings: The marriage certificate will be given to the couple at the end of the Ceremony in Spanish. If you require a copy of your marriage certificate please inform your onsite wedding coordinator during your interview.
- Important: We kindly ask you to verify the procedure that you will have to follow in order to legalize your marriage in your country, as sometimes an apostille is required. If you need to Apostille your Marriage Certificate, please be advised that you will have to cover the amount of this service. * Riu Hotels & Resorts is not responsible for this legal procedure.
- Symbolic Ceremonies or Renewal of Vows: The couple will receive a symbolic marriage certificate without legal bearing on the wedding day.