General wedding policies
The couple and 80% of their guests must stay at the same Riu Hotel where the wedding will be performed. Only 20% of the total group can stay at another hotel chain For weddings at Riu Jalisco, guests staying at Riu Vallarta hotel will have to purchase a day pass that cost $60.00 USD per person.
Guests staying at Riu Palace Pacifico will be able to attend the wedding and dinner reception without extra charge.
Guests staying in other hotels will have to purchase a day pass that cost $80.00 USD per person. *Prices are subject to change without prior notice.
Couples must respect the arrival date, they have to arrive at least two (2) full business days for symbolic/religious ceremony and three (3) full business days for a civil ceremony, prior the wedding date (not counting weekends, National Holidays and the arrival day).
Weddings are not performed on Sundays & National holidays.
Confirmed weddings cancelled within a month of the ceremony date or upon arrival to the hotel will be charged a cancellation fee of $250.00 USD.
Maximum capacity of the Riu Jalisco: 100 people.
Outside Vendors are allowed to work in Riu Resorts paying a vendor's fee of $300.00 USD. If the external provider is not Mexican she/he must have a proper work VISA.
**Name Changes: Names in a wedding confirmation submited through a third-party person and/or travel agents are not eligible for any changes. Please contact your assigned Wedding Reservations Executive or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Documentation (Only for civil/legal ceremonies)
- Couple's Birth Certificates (Notarized Copies and Translated into Spanish)
- Couple's and 4 Witnesses Passports (Photocopies)
- Couple's and 4 witnesses Tourist Cards (Photocopies)
- Divorce Decree, if apply (Notarized Copy and Translated into Spanish)
- Death Certificate of previous partner, if apply (Notarized Copy and translated into Spanish)
- Blood test, Included in the wedding package (It must be done at the resort).
- Written parental consents for people under 18 years old (Notarized Copy and Translated into Spanish).
- All documents need to be at the hotel at least 15 days prior to the wedding date. Please post the documents to the following address:
Avenida de los Cocoteros S/N, Lote K
Condominios Flamingos N, Bahia de Banderas
63732 Nuevo Vallarta
In attention to Couple's name & Wedding date.
Translations must be done by an official company located in the Nayarit State, Mexico. This governmental requirement has an extra charge (approximately $45.00 USD per page). *Price is subject to change without prior notice.
NATIONALITY: If the bride or the groom own the Nationality of the country where the wedding will be performed, they need to notify this information in advance to the Wedding Sales Executive due that these type of marriages need to follow different legal requirements.
- Translation into Spanish: The required documents must be translated into Spanish by a certified translation office/bureau in your country. This process must be done before your arrival to the hotel.
- Apostille: Is a certified seal that authenticates the signature of the public official who has signed the document. An apostille certificate confirms the person who signed a document has the authority to do so and that the document should therefore be recognized as legal without further evidence in another member state of the Hague Convention. The Apostille must be required in the State where the document was made. The Foreign Offices of each state and country can provide the apostille. In fact, you should apostille the documents before arrive to the hotel.
- Medical Analysis: For a civil wedding in Mexico it's legally required to perform certain medical tests, in case that the tests are not satisfactory, unfortunately we can not perform the ceremony. We will arrange an appointment with the doctor at your room so you can perform this legal procedure in Mexico.
- Arrival Date
- Important: For couples traveling from Canada, please take into consideration that flights to the Pacific area in Mexico normally arrive on Thursday only, therefore if you wish to perform your wedding on a Saturday, the day of arrival for a Civil/ Legal ceremony must be Tuesday, three full business days (3) or Wednesday, two (2) full business days to perform a symbolic wedding on Saturday, bear in mind that no exceptions are allowed.
- For Civil & Religious weddings: The marriage certificate will be given to the couple at the end of the Ceremony in Spanish. If you require a copy of your marriage certificate please inform your onsite wedding coordinator during your interview.
As each country has specific requirements, we would recommend you to contact your respective Embassy or Consulate in order to get the complete information regarding the procedure that you have to follow in order to legalize your Marriage Certificate in your country. * Riu Hotels and Resorts is not responsible of this legal procedure.
- Symbolic & Renewal of Vows: The couple will receive a marriage certificate without legal bearing on the wedding date.