General wedding policies
The couple and and at least 80% of their guests must stay at the same resort where the wedding will be performed.
The guests staying at other hotels must pay a day pass cost with an approximate cost of $100.00 USD* per person. *Prices are subject to change without prior notice & don't include additional costs for dinner or private event.
The bride and groom must arrive at the resort two (2) full business days prior the ceremony date, in order to allow enough time for the final on-site arrangements.
Please note that arrival date, Saturdays, Sundays or national holidays are not considered business days.
Weddings or events are not performed on Sundays neither on the Bahamas national holidays.
Confirmed weddings cancelled within a month of the ceremony date or upon arrival to the hotel will charge a cancellation fee of $250.00 USD*
Maximum capacity of the Riu Palace Paradise Island: 45 people.
External vendors are allowed if they are staying at the Hotel where the wedding will be performed or if they pay a Vendor's Fee of $200.00 USD* per person.
**Name Changes: Names in a wedding confirmation submited through a third-party person and/or travel agents are not eligible for any changes. Please contact your assigned Wedding Reservations Executive or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Passport or Driver’s license (Original).
- Divorce decree if needed (Original or certified copy and it is kept on file in the Bahamas). For European residents, the original decree or a certified copy (with a raised seal) must be produced in the native language along with a translated certified or notarized copy in English.
- Death Certificate if needed (Original or certified copy)
- Immigration forms issued during the flight (Original).
- Written parental consents (Notarized document under 18 years).
NOTE: The papers must be translated to English.
It is important to have in mind that you should have at least One (1) document with your full and correct names. To have this done we suggested that you seek legal assistance in pertaining an affidavit indicating your true and correct names.
All documents must be in order before your ceremony date without exceptions
- Renewal of vows: Wedding couple must be legally married, send their marriage certificate 45 days prior the wedding date and bring the original to be present on the renewal of vows day.
- Important: Due local laws is a must to send the scanned document and present the original on the wedding day in order to proceed with the renewal of vows ceremony that has legal value in Bahamas.
Both documents will be issued in English.
- Civil Marriage Certificate: The marriage certificate will be issued in English Language and will be send to the couple from twelve (12) to fourteen (14) weeks after the wedding date.
We suggest, that once you have received the Original Marriage Certificate you should take it to your City Hall or Registrar's Office to let your government know about your legal status and follow the process of your home country.
Please verify the procedure that you'll have to follow, in order to legalize your marriage in your home country, as sometimes an apostille is required. If you need to Apostille your Marriage Certificate, please be advised that you'll have to cover the amount of this service.
*Riu Hotels & Resorts is not responsible of this legal procedure.
- Renewal of Vows Certificate: The couple will receive a symbolic marriage certificate without international legal value on the wedding day.
Renewal of vows document is legally recognized in Bahamas.
Please note that for all types of ceremonies in Bahamas is necessary to have 24 hrs residence on the island in order to apply for a marriage license (Arrival Day), after 24 hrs the marriage license can be requested (1st business day of your stay in the Bahamas) another 24 hrs time frame is needed for you to receive the marriage license (2nd business day of your stay in Bahamas) that way the wedding will take place on the 3rd business day of your stay in the Bahamas. This process is established by law in Bahamas and cannot be modify.